The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Easy Bag and Wrist Restraint For Sub Trunk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Hey guys what do you think would be the easiest way to get of the bag and the easiest wrist binding you can use in a Sub Trunk? Keep in mind this has to be easy to get in as it is to get out. Like how about tying the wrists with spandex strip of white cloth. The audience never realizes the elasticity so you like tight bound but actually it's the equivalent to having a rubber band around your wrist. Just slip it off and your girl has only to slip it back on. Any other ideas like this other than typical Cuffs ideas.
David Goldrake
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
225 Posts

Profile of David Goldrake
Dear Plainman007,

The great Ali Bongo wrote an excellent article about Metamorphosis in a 1992 issue of Genii Magazine. It will most definitely be helpful!

Regards,

D
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
David any idea as to what month that issue might be. I might suggest Sack-X and the in again out again cuffs
magicmanrob
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of magicmanrob
The wrist restraints don't have to be that simple as there is plenty of time to get out, in fact in my sons's version ( a tribute to Houdini') he combines a strait jacket escape along with the Metamorpisis! And if he and his assistant can get out and her back in just escaping from hand restraints should prove not a large challenge
spkrosky
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of spkrosky
If there is no inspection from the audience, just use a bag with no bottom and a common pair of metal handcuffs with a "easy release" switch on them. Can't get any easier than that.
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Would it be a good idea to sew a metal ring into the bottom of the no bottom bag. This is to guide the girl to corectly put it over her head. What do you think. This is basically my own idea.
spkrosky
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of spkrosky
Probably more work than is necessary. The top of the bag has been tied shut, so there's really only one way in, and she should have plenty of time to find it.
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
I bought a simple chain cuffs from Abbotts. The price tag was $50. It worked out great. And you want fast. We use it now just to turn around in a circle and when we are facing the audience again we are out of the cuff. Fast and effective.

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Spkrosky: Yeah but then when the girl stands up who would hold onto the bottom edge. That is when the girls find the opening in the bag. She can slip it over hear head and crouched self. But then when she stands up there is no guarantee that the cloth will completely fall freely to the ground to cover her up completely. So she would have to keep her feet onto the bottom edges of the bag as she stands up to make sure the cloth doesn't ride up as she stands. I thought if there was a ring or thick flexible wire sewn all around the bottom edge. Then it’s easier to keep that onto the floor as she stands. What do you think?

Thanks
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
If one looks into the Tarbell books. It shows the bag with a button too well you know.
magicmanrob
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of magicmanrob
If the bag has room to hang naturally and is heavy enough material it will stay down, besides assuming you reveal her ( untie the bag) with her still standing in the trunk no one will see her feet or knees at all.
spkrosky
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of spkrosky
If you want to put a metal ring in the bottom, go ahead, but when I do it, she's crouched when I untie the bag and then she pushes it down around her as she stands up and spreads her hands cueing applause. It's just whatever works best for you.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20508 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Since Lucy and I close some shows with this trick, we look for a trick that is quick, powerful and that clears the stage in a flash. (Our Chalet Sub Trunk is even on wheels.) One of the real attractions of this closer is that everything is "chunked" in the trunk as the trick ends. The stagehands even "chunk" the wheel chocks into the box.

No one in the bag ever leaves the trunk. The bottom of the bag is never seen with someone in it. It is shown before I get into it. But I am already in the box.

When we change places, Lucy stands up; the bag is untied and drops into the trunk. She is uncuffed and again all is dropped into the trunk. She pops out of the trunk and onto my shoulder (and advantage of working with a ballerina). We step forward (down stage), the curtain is closed and the trunk is immediately rolled off stage. No one ever sees the bottom 2 feet of the bag with anyone in it.

It is a solution to a problem we have simply never had.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Bob is that during the exchange? Don,
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20508 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Don,

This above is what the audience and stagehands see.

The bag is up and over the head before the trunk locking has even started. When she raises the curtain, I'm at her feet. The weight of the bag is never a factor. Remember that I see her inside the trunk before anyone else does. I'm between her and the audience. The bag is never the delay. (Cuffs are the slow part! We use the two chains with the single loop jointing them.)

Remember that I reach in and stand her up. Then I untie the top of the bag while she does whatever she needs too. It's dark in the closed trunk. Standing she can make some use of the stage lights for whatever she needs as the sack falls.

We can talk because the music covers very well.

Did that answer your question?

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Bob it kinda does also David Goldrake what Month Was that Aticle in Please PM me if possible
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1142 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Here's my two cents. I use a bottomless bag. & the Abbotts handcuffs. It goes very quick.
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
seanalexander
View Profile
Regular user
UK
194 Posts

Profile of seanalexander
A bottomless bag and electronic release shackles!
magicruss
View Profile
New user
So. California
14 Posts

Profile of magicruss
We use sack x because it gives you the option of letting the bag be inspected. We also use the shackles that consist of 4 small chains on an oval loop. Very quick and easy, yet deceptive.
Scott Ocheltree
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Scott Ocheltree
I have performed this a few times. I have a video clip of it on my website .

We use a Siberian chain escape for the wrists, and a simple bag with a single thread seam sewing the bottom shut. It's very easy to kick out the single thread seam and it still allows you to show the bottom of the bag at the beginning.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Easy Bag and Wrist Restraint For Sub Trunk (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL