The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What kind of Paper? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheNightBringer89
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of TheNightBringer89
Hey guys, was wondering what kind of paper you use for the ct? Index cards are too thick to be torn and the writing can be seen through regular paper. Thanks
"Dreams are born of imagination, fed upon illusions, and put to death by reality."

It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong,
If you're not like the others then you don't belong.
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
I use all kind of paper that is kind of opaque, depending on where I am and what I do.
The ordinary white printer paper we use in this country works.
So does a torn out piece from an envelope, menu or whatever.

Most often I carry with me one of Osterlind's pads.
That is for more practical reasons though, I use it for center tears, Change of Mind and nail writing.

Sven
Mezmer
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
64 Posts

Profile of Mezmer
You should work the CT with many types of paper. I believe you should be able to use any type of paper so that you can perform in an impromptu situation. The PCT by Osterlind can use just about any type of paper. Practice with all kinds so you do not become dependant on a certain type.
procyonrising
View Profile
Special user
New York
698 Posts

Profile of procyonrising
I used to have a cube of paper made for me by a specialty printer (think of a really large stack of post-it notes, without the sticky stuff on it). It folded great and opened when you needed it to open. (Note: recycled paper a must. It folds better, tears easier, and pops open when you need it to.) Had my name and phone number on each sheet, so someone could just take a sheet - with a prediction (or, in my case, a special mantra word) - instead of a business card.
MIC
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of MIC
Use any kind of paper... PCT allows you to do that...
I have never had to worry about the not so opaque papers... I do it anyway... and tell them not to worry .. I am not going to look at it..(I make a point out of this!!)!!!!! Then of course a peek at the right moment! they don't have a clue, the paper is already torn 3 times... they don't care!

ta!
MIC
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2268 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
I use Busch's Zen Billet and use my business cards and it works just great. It also means that if they get bored they can draw facial hair and spectacles on my photo during the rest of the show.

Kennedy
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
psychic
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of psychic
Bob Cassidy in his 'bible' 1st testament mentioned of "rainbow pads" available at stationers which is easy to fold and silent.
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Actually it depends on which kind of index cards. Richard Busch suggests to use index cards if I am not mistaken and I do the Osterlind CT with almost anything I get, from post it to business cards.

Droid
Jeff Travilla
View Profile
New user
Michigan
45 Posts

Profile of Jeff Travilla
If people think you can see through it, just close your eyes for a while... depending on which CT you use, you can keep them closed either the whole time, or until the pieces seem so torn up that it makes sense to open them again.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Make it impromptu and use a piece of receipt paper.
Christopher Caldwell
View Profile
New user
Scottsdale, Arizona
87 Posts

Profile of Christopher Caldwell
Purchase a box of blank business cards from a local quick printer and keep a few in your wallet. I only rip up a printed business card in an emergency.
PinkGlove
View Profile
New user
Bude England
78 Posts

Profile of PinkGlove
I've found a type of index card that is not too thick, cannot be seen though, yet is justafiable to carry round.

I had to spend quite a while searching for it though. Just buy a few pads untill you find the right one.
Trust anyone who has gone through it.
Greg Owen
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of Greg Owen
MIC -

"Then of course a peek at the right moment! they don't have a clue, the paper is already torn 3 times... they don't care!"

For some reason, this line of thinking by the spectator never ocurred to me. But I think you are right on...all that tearing before the peek is GREAT!!!

- Greg Owen
Author of The Alpha Stack ebook - the balanced memorized stack
gobeatty@yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What kind of Paper? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL