The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What the public doesn't know (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Can anyone remember anything about differentiation and integration? That might help too!

I am sure when I get out of school it will all be forgotten. Hopefully some will stick though. Otherwise University might be a bit challenging!
owen
paulajayne
View Profile
Inner circle
London England
1160 Posts

Profile of paulajayne
Quote:
On 2004-09-30 09:15, owen.daniel wrote:
Can anyone remember anything about differentiation and integration? That might help too!

I am sure when I get out of school it will all be forgotten. Hopefully some will stick though. Otherwise University might be a bit challenging!
owen


Oh No

I have just realised that I can still prove that (4/3 Pi R cubed) is the formula for the volume of a sphere.

Damn you Mr. Calculus.

Help! My brain is filled with useless facts.


Paula
Paula Jay - Magic to Remember -
---------------------------------
I once wrote a book on elephants, I think paper would have been better.
----
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2004-09-30 08:31, paulajayne wrote:
All my life in engineering and magic
Paula
Nice to know Paula...we've something in common. Smile
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
paulajayne
View Profile
Inner circle
London England
1160 Posts

Profile of paulajayne
Quote:
On 2004-09-30 10:11, Werner G. Seitz wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-09-30 08:31, paulajayne wrote:
All my life in engineering and magic
Paula
Nice to know Paula...we've something in common. Smile


Hi

Yes I find one compliments the other -

Paula
Paula Jay - Magic to Remember -
---------------------------------
I once wrote a book on elephants, I think paper would have been better.
----
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2004-09-30 10:50, paulajayne wrote:
Yes I find one compliments the other -
Paula
Nasty Paula, nasty...that was NOT what I had in mind..I was strikly talking *shop*.. Smile
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2004-09-28 22:28, paulajayne wrote:
Newer 2 pence
Newer 1 pence


Paula, you disappoint me.

I should have thought that you, of all people, living in London, would know that the word pence is plural.

It's 2 pence, but 1 penny.
;)
Posted: Sep 30, 2004 12:49pm
--------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------
On 2004-09-30 09:15, owen.daniel wrote:
Can anyone remember anything about differentiation and integration?
--------------------------------------------------------
This semester I'm teaching a Calculus II course at California State University, Fullerton.

Integration techniques, applications to geometry and physics, infinite series, Fourier transforms, that sort of thing.
Posted: Sep 30, 2004 12:51pm
--------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------
On 2004-09-30 09:21, paulajayne wrote:
I have just realised that I can still prove that (4/3 Pi R cubed) is the formula for the volume of a sphere.

*** you Mr. Calculus.

Help! My brain is filled with useless facts.
--------------------------------------------------------
I covered that formula two weeks ago. It's not a useless fact. Please don't curse me for teaching it.
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
I love maths...It has to be my favourite topic in the world (and therefore I hope to go on to do it at university)...for that reason I am doing it early!!! We are just starting Mechanics, and are in the middle of a quick course on Calculus... I enjoy the challenge; and in many ways find it similar to magic. My last maths teacher had a real interest in magic, and helped me with many magic ideas using maths. one night I let him borrow my copy of Phil Goldstein's Redivider...he found it fascinating, and the next day came back with loads of other ideas requiring a palindromic stack. He also gave me a hand with magic squares of different dimentions on many occasions.

Owen
paulajayne
View Profile
Inner circle
London England
1160 Posts

Profile of paulajayne
Quote:
On 2004-09-30 11:52, Werner G. Seitz wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-09-30 10:50, paulajayne wrote:
Yes I find one compliments the other -
Paula
Nasty Paula, nasty...that was NOT what I had in mind..I was strikly talking *shop*.. Smile

I meant Engineering and Magic -

You turned it around ;^)

Paula
Posted: Sep 30, 2004 1:23pm
---------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
---------------------------------------------------------
On 2004-09-30 12:46, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
---------------------------------------------------------
On 2004-09-28 22:28, paulajayne wrote:
Newer 2 pence
Newer 1 pence
---------------------------------------------------------
Paula, you disappoint me.
I should have thought that you, of all people, living in London, would know that the word pence is plural.

It's 2 pence, but 1 penny.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Technically correct,
But since 13th Feb 1973 (The day we went decimal) penny was always related to the Old Penny and pence to the new as a way to differentiate them.

Paula
Paula Jay - Magic to Remember -
---------------------------------
I once wrote a book on elephants, I think paper would have been better.
----
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2004-09-30 13:20, paulajayne wrote:
I meant Engineering and Magic -
You turned it around ;^)

Paula
Sorry...nasty me then Smile
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2004-09-30 13:23, paulajayne wrote:
. . . since 13th Feb 1973 (The day we went decimal) penny was always related to the Old Penny and pence to the new as a way to differentiate them.


That's the government for you: We'll make it clearer by saying it wrong.

(I know, it should read "wrongly"; I don't want to be too pedantic, just pedantic enough.)
paulajayne
View Profile
Inner circle
London England
1160 Posts

Profile of paulajayne
Quote:
On 2004-09-30 17:13, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-09-30 13:23, paulajayne wrote:
. . . since 13th Feb 1973 (The day we went decimal) penny was always related to the Old Penny and pence to the new as a way to differentiate them.


That's the government for you: We'll make it clearer by saying it wrong.
(I know, it should read "wrongly"; I don't want to be too pedantic, just pedantic enough.)

LOL

Paula
Paula Jay - Magic to Remember -
---------------------------------
I once wrote a book on elephants, I think paper would have been better.
----
sullivanl
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of sullivanl
In Hong Kong, the 50c coin is attracted to a M****t. I use it with the Raven all the time. I also think the smaller 10 and 20c pieces are, but they are too small to do anything useful with besides maybe some PK effects.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
[/quote]

All my life in engineering and magic - I suppose some of it sticks.

Why I remember this I have NO idea but for some reason it stuck - I have never had to use it.

Here goes:

Coefficient of linear expansion of Invar Steel = 0.0000012.

Isn't it strange when something gets stuck in your brain?

I wish my lines for my show would stick that well.

Paula
[/quote]
Oh Yeh? Well I know how to triangulate, and I don't mean just: "three, four, five".

I have nothing of value to offer to this conversation, do I?

I can't even quote right.

Now I've soiled myself! Are you happy now?

And I meant "Yeah"
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2775 Posts

Profile of John Long
This post is a little late but..

I think that the compound that can be used to plate copper onto a coin is copper sulfate, not copper sulfide(which is probably insouluble in water).

As far as the "feridchloride", hmmm, maybe the poster meat ferric chloride, or ferrous chloride. Either way, it would not produce a copper coating; it does not contain copper.



John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What the public doesn't know (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.46 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL