The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Impossible Twist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Zenneth
View Profile
Regular user
China - Hong Kong
135 Posts

Profile of Zenneth
Hi everyone,

May I call your attention to the demonstration video of Impossible twist by mr Mark Mason.

The version that Mark demonstrated was the basic one, rather than the advance handling that I have explained in the video. And the advance version is actually a collaboration between me and Bill Goodwin which is much better than the basic version.The reason why mark demonstrated the basic verion is that he wants people to know the alternative handling of this effect.

Also, Mark somehow forgot to mention that there is a bonus routine in the Impossible Twist video--Tough Kings. This routine belongs to my friend Michael Lam--who is Lennart Green's student. Tough Kings is a four of a kind revelation routine using Lennart's Top Shot. I didn't explain this routine in the video, as if you familarize with Lennart's materials, you will know the works.

Finally, I would like to express my sincere thanks to Guy Hollingworth, Ray Kosby, Bill Goodwin, and Michael for their inspiration and kindly help to me.

Zenneth

To those who might interested in watching this effect, you can take a look at:

http://www.seemagic.co.uk/zkok

It is still the basic handling though.
techneeqs
View Profile
Regular user
Ontario, Canada
105 Posts

Profile of techneeqs
I love that trick, is it using regular cards or......?
Very well done :o)
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
So what does this effect have that Hollingsworths "quartet" and "waving the aces" doesn't?

The way the cards are held in the "impossible twist" looks very awkward. But I guess it's necessary so the forefinger can accomplish "the work".
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
brownitus
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of brownitus
Great stuff Zenneth!

I am gonna grab myself an Impossible Twist very soon.

peace.
"Everything that can be invented has been invented." - Charles H. Duell, US Commissioner of Patents, 1899
G-Diddy
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of G-Diddy
looks very impressive.
Is it as difficult as Hollingworth's waving the aces?
Zenneth
View Profile
Regular user
China - Hong Kong
135 Posts

Profile of Zenneth
Flip,

No...the effect of Impossible Twist is same as Guy's Waving the Aces and I am just release a video to rip off money. And thank you for telling everyone the moves to accomplish the "work"

Smile

technes, G-didd,

This is a video comes with gimmick cards. Personally I think it's easier than Guy's Quartet, but still require some practice.

Bobby,
thank you for your support!

kind regards,
Zenneth
G-Diddy
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of G-Diddy
zenneth,

Does the advanced handling achieve something different than what is shown on your internet video?
I haven't been able to find this trick yet in NYC--I ask the magic store every day if they have received it in stock.
I lost sleep for three days after watching this act performed- because it appeared really clean.
Do you market any other tricks?
Regards
Gary
Zenneth
View Profile
Regular user
China - Hong Kong
135 Posts

Profile of Zenneth
G-Diddy

Thank you for your support! Yes, The advance handling is different from the video demonstration. Both mine and Mark Mason's demonstration on the internet are the basic verison. As you probably noticed, in the basic version, the flaw is that I have to replace the last king in order to finish the reverse. This problem was solved after Bill Goodwin gave me an excellent idea. He is really a genius!!!

I didn't martket other tricks so far, but I have done a one man issue for Ego magazine ( The second deal forum ) Should be out within next week.

If you are interested in my video clips, you can find the links in my homepage:

http://www.geocities.com/zennethkok

I hope you will enjoy watching them Smile

Zenneth
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
Will you make a demo of the advanced version? If you would, it would really be a convincer to buy.

Jakks
Raj
View Profile
New user
UK
22 Posts

Profile of Raj
Zenneth...

Long time no speak, how's it going man?

Getting a nice response here and already Peter's got it at Alakazam (www.Alakazam.co.uk)

I agree with Jakks, though, it'd be nice to see the advanced version. If you do film it - I'll be happy to upload it to SeeMagic.

Though, if there's any contract restrictions, then don't worry - it's cool.

Raj
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
Quote:
On 2002-09-07 20:57, Zenneth wrote:
Flip,

No...the effect of Impossible Twist is same as Guy's Waving the Aces and I am just release a video to rip off money. And thank you for telling everyone the moves to accomplish the "work"
Nice attempt to "twist" my words. Pun intended! Smile

I never claimed you were out to "rip off" anybody.

I just mentioned that your effect looks a lot less clean and basically offers nothing you can't get from using the superior *IMHO* quartet handling.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of sales as there are always those out there looking for the "newest thing"

However, Hollingsworth's "quartet" costs only $18 compared to $25 for yours.

"Quartet" also gives you 10 extra routines that aren't simply "twisting the aces". Not just the one additional routine you offer on your tape.

Now aside from the claim that yours is a bit "easier" than "quartet", why else should I feel that your version is a better value? Because it comes with a videotape?

As for "tipping your method" I did no such thing. I simply pointed out that the movement of a certain finger would be self evident to a blind man.
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
Raj
View Profile
New user
UK
22 Posts

Profile of Raj
Hi Flip...

I've come to know Zenneth for some time now and I'm pretty sure that he was joking.

Hence his laughing icon! Smile

Just a little point though, I think Guy's version requires replacements after each card is shown to turn face up. In Impossible Twist you just keep on going... though Zenneth, correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, no harm caused.

Raj
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
Quote:
On 2002-09-08 16:00, Raj wrote:
Hi Flip...

I've come to know Zenneth for some time now and I'm pretty sure that he was joking.

Hence his laughing icon! Smile

Just a little point though, I think Guy's version requires replacements after each card is shown to turn face up. In Impossible Twist you just keep on going... though Zenneth, correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, no harm caused.

Raj
Sure, but he is posting an ad for his product here. Don't you think people should be aware that his version is more expensive and adds very little (if anything)to hollingworth's version?

Anyways, watch hollingworth perform "waving the aces" using the quartet gaff on "Worlds greatest magic" It looks incredibly more "clean" and magical than the impossible twist.

Impossible requires that you hold the cards in a very cramped and suspicious looking way. (especially when you consider how the forefinger has to vanish behind the spread)

Somehow I don't think the "impossible twist" will be featured on any "greatest of shows" anytime soon.

"Impossible" is a serviceable method that sacrifices cleanliness of effect for ease of handling.
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
Well, They bothhave their high points. Zenneth's can be done over and over with no pause, but I am partial to Waving the Aces.

Jakks
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1162 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
I must admit that the first time I saw the "Impossible Twist" demo I wasn't very impressed. This adds nothing to the original Hollingworth method except a very awkward grip of the cards. Not to mention the Hollingworth version is extremely easy to get into and have with you rather than a packet of cards that come in a video box.

Dancy
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
That is why I want Zenneth to demo the final ace(or whatever card) turning over, advanced style.

Jakks
zoneinfinite
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of zoneinfinite
Yep the reason I didn't buy this is because of the unnatural handling of the cards...
Dan Farmer
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Nevada
235 Posts

Profile of Dan Farmer
Perhaps it's just because I haven't seen Guy perform waving the aces (I have a video off of knucklebusters) but I think Zenneth's looks much better because there isn't half as much "fiddling around" with the cards as there is in the video I have. He changes a card, fiddles with the pack, changes and fiddles and so on.

Like I said, maybe if I saw Guy Hollingworth himself perform I'd change my mind but I think it looks great Zenneth.
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
Quote:
On 2002-09-09 12:13, Dan Farmer wrote:
Perhaps it's just because I haven't seen Guy perform waving the aces (I have a video off of knucklebusters) but I think Zenneth's looks much better because there isn't half as much "fiddling around" with the cards as there is in the video I have. He changes a card, fiddles with the pack, changes and fiddles and so on.
The video you're referring to on knucklebusters is the "ungaffed version" from "drawing room decections".

It is *not* the version using the "quartet" gimmick which is what we're talkin about.

Hunt down a copy of worlds greatest magic or watch someone who knows how to use the 'quartet' gimmick.

You'll see how much cleaner it looks. And without the cramped handling of the "impossible twist".

Quote:
On 2002-09-09 12:32, Flip wrote:
Quote:
On 2002-09-09 12:13, Dan Farmer wrote:
The video you're referring to on knucklebusters is the "ungaffed version" from "drawing room deceptions".

It is *not* the version using the "quartet" gimmick which is what we're talking about here.

Hunt down a copy of worlds greatest magic or watch someone who knows how to use the 'quartet' gimmick.

You'll see how much cleaner it looks. And without the cramped handling or higher price of the "impossible twist".

AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
Dan Farmer
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Nevada
235 Posts

Profile of Dan Farmer
Well since it wasn't marked I didn't know. Sorry to have raised your blood pressure so much Smile Crikey.

-Dan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Impossible Twist (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL