The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Overcoming fears. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gareth123
View Profile
Loyal user
Rotherham UK
245 Posts

Profile of gareth123
Are there ways of overcoming another persons fears such as hights or spiders etc.. by using techniques other than common hypnosis.

thanks.

Gareth Hobson.
*is tihs migac or am i sineg aonhter wlord in wihch i nveer lvied UNTILL NOW*
Avrakdavra
View Profile
Loyal user
The Pine Tree State, USA
224 Posts

Profile of Avrakdavra
Clinical psychologists often treat simple phobias (like fear of spiders) by cognitive-behavioral techniques. These might include systematic desensitization (i.e. first showing pictures of spiders across the room, then touching a picture of one, then handling a plastic spider, watching a real one across the room, working up to actually holding a spider, all the while using relaxation techniques to master each experience); flooding (e.g. handing someone a tarantula in a jar and helping them endure until the feelings of fear and anxiety have run their course), as well as using visualization and challenging fear-engendering thoughts (e.g. "Even though my heart is pounding does not mean I am going to die"). There are, in fact, dozens of such techniques and approaches, and treatment of simple phobias has a high success rate with these approaches. (But they make for a lousy stage effects)
Bruce
lawrencetreagus
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of lawrencetreagus
Have you thought of NLP?
using anchoring techniques you could attatch chosen emotions to the fear in question. of course for a perfect result you would need someone highly suggestable.
just a thought I think luke jermay did something using candles and flash paper allthough I can't remember what so it might have just been a dream!
regards
gareth123
View Profile
Loyal user
Rotherham UK
245 Posts

Profile of gareth123
Could you please explain to me what NLP'S are my friend.

Gareth Hobson.
*is tihs migac or am i sineg aonhter wlord in wihch i nveer lvied UNTILL NOW*
lawrencetreagus
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of lawrencetreagus
Neuro linguistic programming.
Mainly management mish mash surrounding itself in a dubious industry of self help books. it's current titles I put on a par with feng shui but it's early literature makes interesting reading.
tranceformations by bandler/grinder is the best place to start a little rare and pricy but easily stolen from your local library!
If you PM your email addr I will send you my findings.
regards
majhra
View Profile
New user
Australia
61 Posts

Profile of majhra
Gareth,

Look in your local yellow pages, you'll find a qualified NLP practitioner. Call them up and get a proper definition from a real person. Ask them how they can help your friend, and they will tell you.

Most people here on the Café seem to have a poor and very limited understanding of NLP.

Enjoy,
M.
PaulEverson
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of PaulEverson
Luke Jermay has a great routine involving phobias. Can't remember the name but it's in his Building Blocks book and the Skulduggery DVD
David de Leon
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
417 Posts

Profile of David de Leon
Lobotomy.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3413 Posts

Profile of Looch
Its called the seventh decpetion and it is not in his building blocks book it is in "7 deceptions"
pretty much any magic store sells it. I wouldnt recommend it to actually cure a phobia but I suppose it could pyschologically help with some people
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1193 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Overcoming fears of making a faillure during performance. Just read this thread: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......;start=0
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Overcoming fears. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL