The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Illusion Websites with Same Pictures? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
I was curious about something. I was getting ideas for new illusions to add to the show. While looking at a few websites, I found that some had the same pictures. They use the exact same pictures for the illusions to sell. These builders are different, are they not? If you were to compare them, who's better? How do we compare them and their work if they use the same photo's. Just a curious question.

Just for an example;

Doug Tilford has the same pictures as Illusion Store...I have seen the same pictures on other websites as well.
Believe In Magic....I do!
PatrickErrins
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of PatrickErrins
Best Advice I can give is to email the builder through their website, and request actual photos of any of the products they have completed. I build illusions, and have illustrations on my product pages. But I do have actual photos available upon request. I find that this fits my website theme, rather than having actual pictures, with different color schemes, etc.

Hope this help!
Patty
tilford
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of tilford
Hello,

There was a company in Canada which took my photos for Chameleon Flash Appearance & Hindu Basket.

They did NOT have these products but were going to make them.

They did remove after I e mailed them and called

Thank You, Doug

http://www.tilfordillusions.com
http://www.tilfordillusions.com
magician@tilfordillusions.com
Phone (386) 322-7308
Fax (386) 761-3973
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7384 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
My photos on my website are all items I have made and often still make. They have all been photographed by myself and the images are copyrighted. At this time there is only one dealer, Joe Stevens, who has been authorized to use my images.

I tried to put enough information on the website for different color scheme and sizes of items. But I realized it was impossible to put every possible combination and product I have made on the site. I do not get a lot of demand for a Blackstone Giant Girl to Botania.

I do know that some manufacturer's products are carried by more than one dealer. However it should be not by the dealer who is the manufacturer of the illusion or prop. Hope that helps.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Quote:

I do not get a lot of demand for a Blackstone Giant Girl to Botania.

I should imagine there are not so many "Giant Girls" around to perform this illusion!
(Sorry couldn't resist - your wording make me chuckle. By the way your photos of your products are beautiful. Unfortunately I am not able to use them in my theme shows).
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7384 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Yes, I noticed it after I wrote it and decided to leave it as is to see if anyone else caught it.

Of course, it is a normal sized girl to a huge botania (bush) of flowers.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Illusion Websites with Same Pictures? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL