We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Harmur Sideshow (Show's) is Alive on the Inside!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Utah Showmen
View Profile
Regular user
Utah Showman
135 Posts

Profile of Utah Showmen
Hi All,

I thought you might enjoy this interview with Jeff Murray of Harmur Shows.

I understand that Jeff and Sue Murray have worked with many Famous and Infamous Performers and Freak over his career.

"I would have to say that Otis Jordan was one of the so-called "freaks" that I became friends with.

Lowell "Curely" Frisbie,........Paul Fish (fat man from the movie “Carny”) Bruce Snowden, Melinda Maxey, Prince Arthur,Capt. Don Leslie, Butch Schute, Little Richard Freeman, Jack and Rose Donahue and others.....At one point we had Dolly Regan."

http://www.knddesign.com/sc/home.html

Wishing you the best,
U.S.
John Robinson
Sideshow World
Preserving the Past....Promoting the Future of the Sideshow

Step Right Up It's always Alive on the Inside of Sideshow World

So Go In Now!
docdazzal
View Profile
Veteran user
San Tan Valley, AZ
339 Posts

Profile of docdazzal
Thanks for this post...I've been a fan of the Harmur Sideshow for quite some time...Jeff used to offer books, pitch cards, programs, and other sideshow and carnival items through a list(s) he used to publish. I've lost contact with Jeff over 2 years ago...any chance...do you know...if Jeff is...or maybe...going to offer these items again?

Continued Success,
Doc Dazzal
Dr. Dan
Psychic & Paranormal Entertainment
www.drdanandco.com
Utah Showmen
View Profile
Regular user
Utah Showman
135 Posts

Profile of Utah Showmen
Hi Doc,

You may want to try Jeff's ebay auctions. He always has some great sideshow items for sale.

Hope you find this helpful. Try searching showfolks on ebay.

Wishing you the best,
U.S.
John Robinson
Sideshow World

So Go In Now!
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
An excellent Interview John. It captured Jeff as I know him...also some very interesting operational tid bits that folks never hear or think about.

Doc, Jeff has a bunch of goodies on his site most all the time.

I think he might be going to have one of my OLD sideshow Mermaid gaffs up there soon IF it's decided to be put on eBay. I don't like my stuff for showmen/women on the auction site but this is an older piece that toured with a BIG Circus Museum Show and I don't make anything like it these days...for collectors only not showmen/women...so I guess it's ok. Unless I sell it myself that is.

Anyway...GREAT job John!!

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Utah Showmen
View Profile
Regular user
Utah Showman
135 Posts

Profile of Utah Showmen
Hi Doug,

Glad you enjoyed the interview. It was great getting to know Jeff a little more.

You got me attention on the Feejee. I did get your email and just emailed you about the Wo-Fishy.

How's the Zibbit business going?

Wishing you the best of today,

John
John Robinson
Sideshow World

So Go In Now!
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
"How's the 'zibit biz going"...hmmm...ok...the results are better than ever...I'm getting good at it...Smile

But I sure do miss Circus Report where I could trade for advertising and let the magicians know how to make $ on the side.

I used to do Cartoons and write a column for Don...when he sadly passed away, I stopped making 'zibits as I had no where to talk about them and it just wasn't fun anymore with out the old Report to be a part of...but now it's fun again and thanks to the Café there is potential afoot.

I will never release the names though of those who get one as it's their secret to do with as they wish. Those big names on my site have been cleared to use.

If you want that older one you've been murfling about, time to move on it. You can owe me. Smile
What are friends for. I don't want anyone else to have it anyway.

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Utah Showmen
View Profile
Regular user
Utah Showman
135 Posts

Profile of Utah Showmen
Hi Doug,

Email me about the Feejee?

John
John Robinson
Sideshow World

So Go In Now!
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
I'll have to add a storefront for Jeff, Im off to email him. Glad to see theres interest.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Harmur Sideshow (Show's) is Alive on the Inside!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL