The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Spectators ask? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sinnead zenun
View Profile
Elite user
Mt. Makiling
408 Posts

Profile of sinnead zenun
Another common question to; how did you do that?
-what interest you to be a magician?
-where did you learn that?
-could you teach me?

so what would you say to them?
MaGiShN46
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of MaGiShN46
Tell them the truth what did get you into magic my reason will be diff than yours!

where you learn that I say eaither its my powers to kids or at shop or taught it to myself

could you teach me I always say no unless they pay me a hefty amountlike 100's for $50 trick lol

most don't do it lol

well have fun
eat lots and
don't play the music you don't like
Laughing Otter
View Profile
Loyal user
Behind you!
205 Posts

Profile of Laughing Otter
Quote:
-what interest you to be a magician?
-where did you learn that?
-could you teach me?

1) I like magic.
If you like something, do it. Life is too short to waste time doing otherwise.
2) Books. Books. Books.
This answer is the only one a child will ever get from me. Children must read. OK, it's the answer most adults get, too.
3) Sure!
We can schedule your first lesson for three weeks from today. When you come for your lesson, you will show me three pieces of magic you have learned from books, and we will proceed from there.
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
Wow! You're a strict teacher Otter. I'm glad I like to read... Smile

I tell people pretty much the same things regarding why I do magic and how I learned the art. However, I always take the opportunity to do a humorous "do as I do" routine when someone asks if I'd teach them something. Something with a key, a button, and a nickel comes to mind.

I don't try to embarrass them or anything like that... I just act a little coy, and finish by telling them that, as with anything worth doing, it takes a lot of hard word and time to learn and perform magic.

I don't give lessons, except to other bartenders, so that's usually my final thought on the matter Smile

Best,

Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
blwrjw
View Profile
Regular user
The Top of the Mountains
177 Posts

Profile of blwrjw
Quote:
On 2004-10-03 15:37, Laughing Otter wrote:

3) Sure!
We can schedule your first lesson for three weeks from today. When you come for your lesson, you will show me three pieces of magic you have learned from books, and we will proceed from there.

The last few times I got asked to teach stuff it was by kids around 14 years old. Too much of a fragile- low- self- esteem age to use Mike's idea of playing coy (which is what I'd do with adults), so I use something like what you wrote here.

I always say that I can only teach other magicians. Then they want to know how I determine if they are magicians and I say that they have to show me three well-polished tricks and the best place to start is the public library.

Barry
...before you go rushing off to show your friends a new field of miracles, you should get well acquainted with tools of the trade.
-- Tony Corinda

One can never have enough socks...
-- Albus Dumbledore
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
1) I had some strange dreams about some huge...creature with a head that looked like an octopus. I felt compelled...I... (stop and glare at the person suspiciously)...why?!?
2) An old book I found in a seedy curio shop in Arkham, Massachussetts.
3) (severe glare) NO!!!! (quickly calming) Uh...I mean...you probably wouldn't be that interested. I's not really that interesting.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
MYMagic
View Profile
New user
Florida
24 Posts

Profile of MYMagic
It's the world in which I live.
May your day be filled with MAGIC!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Spectators ask? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL