The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Scarne's footage (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Thwala
View Profile
New user
Spain
5 Posts

Profile of Thwala
Hello I'm doing a private study about John Scarne and I'm looking for Scarne's footage.I know the footage of the movie Sting and the Scarne's video Expose of sleight of hands but I'm looking for more.
steve ehlers
View Profile
Loyal user
Tucson AZ
287 Posts

Profile of steve ehlers
Thwala,

There is some footage with Scarne on it from the Tomorrow Show with Tom Snyder. This was about 25 years ago and Scarne was on with Ricky Jay and I believe David Copperfield. He had some difficulties with his card to wallet so this was not his best moment on TV. In the version he did on the show, he had a card selected and a corner torn off. The card was lost in the deck and as Scarne shuffled, the director cut to a camera which was over Scarne's shoulder. You could plainly see the selected card (corner missing) was on top. As Scarne palmed the selection he had a problem loading it into the wallet. In this particular version the wallet is surrounded by a number of rubber bands. Evidently he was having a hard time loading the card or the rubberbands were giving him a problem.

He did do a beautiful card change using the Francis Carlyle version of the Curry Turnover Change.

I occasionaly see that someone is advertising a copy of this video on E-bay.

Anyway I hope this helps.

Steve
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
For just about any vintage footage of most of the "greats" in Magic the S.A.M. Film & Tape (disc) Library is a wonderful resource. Check M.U.M. and/or the official S.A.M. web site for more information.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Scarne's footage (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL