The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Just In Case by Pete Biro & Joe Porper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I don't think not being able to look inside the case at the end is any big deal. If that is what spectators want to do, then something definately went wrong in performance. I do agree that your version allows for a much larger ring.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Here's a post I got from a happy customer.

"Thanks Pete. I'm still working on that move as I agree it is stronger to have the case on the table all the time. I'll get there.

Funny thing happened today... saw the wife of the man that tried to open the key and she was still talking about it. I did some other tricks at the time, for example Spellbinding Boxes but I could tell that they/she really loved the ring flight (it was her wedding ring).

She said: "I love that trick you did... it's like two tricks as the key was on the string, we still can't figure that bit out... but the best part was when my ring was in that case. That was a real magic trick. It made sense but didn't... you know what I mean?"

I smiled, took the key case out of my pocket and said to her "It's just my house key". Now she is absolutely convinced that it is nothing out of the normal as I had it with me in my pocket (just like a house key).

Anyway, sorry to ramble on... cyu."
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
I have now ordered this product from hocus pocus, cannot wait, I have even paid extra for postage so I can get this quickly.

Will the key withstand thousands of performances without fear of breakage or looseage of the gimmick??

What extra thing are you talking about pete? where you have a new way of showing the ring?

You can send me a pm if you like to tell me

Trust me I have definately ordered this item, check with hocus-pocus if you like.
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of afknight
I just moved this from my wish list to the shopping cart and ordered it yesterday. It sounds like a winner and I can't wait until it arrives.
Yuji
View Profile
Regular user
Japan
138 Posts

Profile of Yuji
After playing with it one week , open and close the key. The locking system become loose. I think this is the nature of this locking system, because it don't have any ball bearing locking system . Just fit by metal press on metal ,the more you open and close it . it will become more loose unless you have some instrument to tighten it again.

Anyone know there is any easy way to tighten it again .
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Terry Herberts routine is still one
of the best ever.
Its been ripped off by many people,
shame those people don't give credit were its due.
matite
View Profile
New user
Australia
62 Posts

Profile of matite
I have had my "Just in Case" for a while now and have practised daily to get the "case on table" version down as suggested by Pete.

After all this practice my key still seems to be as tight as when I got it. I can provide a comparison as I purchased "Just a Key" at the same time as "Just in Case".... I have two keys. I have only opened "Just a Key" twice. They seem very similar in feel. In fact both keys still have the click feel when opened or closed.

Today, I visited my parents and performed "Just in Case" for them. I borrowed my mothers wedding ring and got them to hold the shoelace. Put the key case on the table. Covered the shoelace with a cloth. Showed them the ring again before I continued. Said my spiel about how the ring will end up on the shoelace if I just "rub it a bit".

Did the "work" with the key and revealed. They were amazed by that bit then I said "well if my house key is on the shoelace then what is in my key case?"

Picked up the keycase from the table and showed the ring on the chain. They actually applauded... I think they will be talking about this one for a while yet!!!

Now I am confident that this is an excellent trick as they normally figure most things out. In my opinion, this is good as they give me tips on what seems "fishy" or what needs to change.
jackleu
View Profile
New user
hongkong
22 Posts

Profile of jackleu
Matite, after you revealed the key on the shoelace,
when did you take them back?
just after the revealation and take the key/shoelace back or after you showed the ring in the case?
matite
View Profile
New user
Australia
62 Posts

Profile of matite
I built up that the ring was going to be on the shoelace. Then I revealed the key on the string and acted all confused. While they absorbed that I said the line in my post above, walked to the table and picked up the key case then revealed the ring.

They wanted to see in the key case as they know/said it must be something like the Raven. I don't know why they thought Raven as the key case was on the table away from me... I guess they were looking to explain it.

I took the ring off the key chain by unclipping it as normal and gave it back. Then I got the key and shoelace back from my mother who was quite stunned. I unthreaded the key from the shoelace and put it back on the chain in the key case. Returned the case to my pocket.

If presented correctly I think this trick logically flows. The spec can deconstruct later and it makes sense even though they still don't understand how it all happened. Sure maybe some will guess the key part but the ring in case is pure magic.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Glad to hear you are having success with it. Thanks for the message.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Someone asked if any of the keys had broken. so far we have not had ONE report to us.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
I am sure this is a great product. The only thing I can't understand with both this and bloom's version is the fact that there is only ONE key on/in the case. Can/should other keys be placed on the chain to seem more logical/realistic? Is this really an issue or just overanalysis?

s
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Don Alan was the first to suggest one key... the effect reads cleaner at the reveal. You don't have to SEARCH for the ring, it stands out.

Audience reactions prove this time and time again.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If you purchase a squeeze keycase holder at any good store, you will note that they only have one key ring hanging from the chain. Therefore, they will not be suspect anything out of the normal.

Having dinner with the late Don Alan many years ago, he showed me his presentation of Ring to keycase. Alright, I had just purchased his version from Ken Brooke, and wanted the master to show me his presentation. It was great a expected.

Ken Brooke made the case with 2 additional chains that dropped down. This were installed by separately, not a normal part of a purchased squeeze case. I have posted a picture of the case in another part of the Café.

Don's version only used a single key, I did get to actually see the original he useed. Keep it simple.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I still have the case Don Alan gave to me.

Am off on a road trip without computer until Monday, hope you all can survive Smile
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of afknight
Yuji asked a question about whether or not there is a way to re-tighten the locking mechanism should it become loose. I don't recall seeing a response to that question.

My question is what happens when the "mechanism" to keep the clip attached to the chain comes loose as it did for me during the first 15 minutes of handling? I guess I'll return it for an exchange.

Does anyone have a solution for either of these problem areas?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Afknight,

Yuji was commenting about the Key, not the key case device.

Being Mr. Biro does not manufacure this item, your question would be better answered by Mr. Joe Porper the manufacturer.

May I suggest you email your concerns to him or thru Hocus-Pocus if this is the dealer you ordered from, when you mentioned that you moved your order from your wish list. Most good magic manufacture guarantee workmanship, but not abuse of equipment.

You ordered it on the 19 and have wore it out already! Interesting.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Afknight is not alone. Mine has gone back as well.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Slide the 2 apart,don't pull!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
After using the Bloom Flight for a long time
I was very keen to get my hands on one of
these.
Going by what others say here, the vanish
doesnt seem as clean??
I don't like the Bloom one at the "load"
stage. Is this any better?

Lets hope they get the few problems sorted,
defects are a pain if Your on the other side
of the world.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Just In Case by Pete Biro & Joe Porper (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL