The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best IT????? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Q-TIP
View Profile
New user
Cleveland, Oh
61 Posts

Profile of Q-TIP
Hello all!! Just pondering what the best IT would be for floating small, lite objects???

P.S. What do you all think of using Wooly Nylon?? (strength, managability, stealth??)
Theamazing...
View Profile
New user
Daytona Beach, FL
30 Posts

Profile of Theamazing...
I would go with the Kevlar ITR. Smile
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I have a wide variety of IT, including Wooly Nylon by the spool, and Kevlar IT.

For general use, and low price, it is hard to beat Wooly Nylon. A lifetime supply is only a couple of bucks, and properly handled is strong enough for most commonly floated objects, cards, money, etc.

It is also less visible than Kevlar. And except for the peice of Kevlar I broke immediately upon receiving my ITR, You dont see much Kevlar off the R**l.

My first rule with magic, is if you arent sure, try something cheap and it works - go with it. If it needs improvement - decide how/what will improve it, and buy/obtain that. So my suggestion stands for Wooly Nylon. Try it. And if you dont like it, you have only lost a small investment.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
I use the stuff all the time, and I didn't know there was a difference!
Ya learn something new everyday! Smile Smile
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
Yes, Kevlar is VERY nice.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I ended up getting strands from my daughters' old ballet tights (the LEG tights, not the leotard).

I compared it to Wooly Nylon, and found that Wooly Nylon strands were a bit thicker.

Haven't even seen Kevlar IT yet, so can't comment there.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best IT????? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL