The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Mondo Magic on The A&E Channel (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
giochi
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of giochi
Quote:
On 2004-10-05 15:21, ljgrant wrote:
What is the name of the burned card effect? Is that Voodoo? Is that available? It looked great.

You can find it in Art of Astonishment Book 3.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I got to see it today ( taped it last night-glad I did because there were so many commercials ).

Well, it was great to see working pro's out there. And, the great Chris Korn to boot. I thought Shimshi ( he did the whirling credit card ) was the highlight. And, it shows, IT is the bomb!!!

I didn't think the effects were that strong. Nate Kranzo has better effect and reaction on his wonderful Visual Voodoo DVD.

But, it's early to tell how this show will do. There are more episodes to come, so we'll have to judge it the big picture sense.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
CardiniMan
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
169 Posts

Profile of CardiniMan
Quote:
On 2004-10-05 21:14, giochi wrote:

Not true. That is a version of it, but it is not the handling that Chris uses. His influence on that effect came from elsewhere.
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
The show wasn't anything I expected.

I thought Kornflake would actually be making a good show.

The best thing was Harry Anderson's effect. The work of a true professional. Shimshi, Kornflake, and Benn should have done much better.

Chris
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Wasn't Harry Anderson's effect Kollosal Killer ( on steroids;-) ???

giochi
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of giochi
Quote:
On 2004-10-06 00:50, CardiniMan wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-10-05 21:14, giochi wrote:

Not true. That is a version of it, but it is not the handling that Chris uses. His influence on that effect came from elsewhere.

Let's see, I have the book on my lap and the tape in the VCR...

Uhhhh... yeah it's pretty much in there except for the slight adjustment to using their hands rather than a table and his own patter.

So, once again, you can find Voodoo card in Art of Astonishment Book 3.

I will elaborae a little more, the variation in this book is from Guy Hollingworth which was based on a Steranko concept (from Steranko on cards). This book, as with all of AOA series, are must haves.

cheers
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
It was Kollosal Killer, but in a routine that made sense and gave depth to the effect.

He took it from a trick, to something that was worth performing.

Chris
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2004-10-06 03:10, Chris Berry wrote:
It was Kollosal Killer, but in a routine that made sense and gave depth to the effect.

He took it from a trick, to something that was worth performing.

Chris

Right on. Harry, being the incredible genius he is, made the effect a miracle, with an emotional hook. It was the best part of the show and I bet it went by most folks.

jgodwin
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of jgodwin
He performed 'Heirloom' which is not his trick at all. It is the effect by Jamie Badman and Colin Miller, which they sell on their website:

http://www.underground-collective.com

If anyone deserves credit, it's them. From what I hear, however, they weren't credited at all. Glad to hear it was the best part of the show though - I wonder how Jamie and Colin feel about that, however ?

John
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2004-10-06 07:25, jgodwin wrote:
He performed 'Heirloom' which is not his trick at all. It is the effect by Jamie Badman and Colin Miller, which they sell on their website:

If anyone deserves credit, it's them. From what I hear, however, they weren't credited at all. Glad to hear it was the best part of the show though - I wonder how Jamie and Colin feel about that, however ?

John

Well, is heirloom based on Kenton's effect?

Basil
View Profile
Regular user
Green Bay, WI
129 Posts

Profile of Basil
True, they didn't credit the creators, but who does when performing for laypeople? However, filming tricks that may have different outcomes in different situations is almost like giving away the method.
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
I enjoyed the effect with the telephone book. Does anyone know if that effect is on any DVD's? I understand the way he knew the name in the book but the torn page stumped me. (It's not hard to stump me).
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
I too was fooled by the phone book test. Anyone know a source for this?
Logic Defied
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
I didn't see the show but could this be "Pegasus Page". Ted Lesley has a version in Paramiracles and Docc Hilford has a version called The Wizard's Manual.
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Quote:
On 2004-10-06 07:25, jgodwin wrote:

John

Thanks John very much for the information. I wanted to learn a bit more about this.

Chris
bloodyjack
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle WA
343 Posts

Profile of bloodyjack
The Voodoo trick is in Drawing Room Deceptions by Guy Hollignsworth. A lot of you may have this and not seen it, Guy hid it in the preface so that the people that skip such things would not get a great trick
"sir i sent you half the kidne i took from one woman prasarved it for you tother piece i fried and ate it was very nise i may send you the bloody knif that took it out if you only wate a whil longer"
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
Hey Chris. Whose gained more weight over the past 5 years? Me? You? Harry Anderson? LOL Smile

Mondo Magic was also in Boston. Keep an eye out for our friends from The Mystery Lounge (we're I'll be performing on Nov 2d, if you have nothing to do)
Matt Bartz
View Profile
Loyal user
Gilbert, Arizona
252 Posts

Profile of Matt Bartz
For those that want to see what happens next with this show...www.aetv.com, says that the next episode will air on Mon. Oct. 11th at 10:30pm EST. But I would check your local listings to be certain.
It says the show will be in Boston this week and will have some mentalism mixed in with an appearance by Jon Stetson.
Angela
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
190 Posts

Profile of Angela
I loved the phonebook effect, and Harry Anderson rocked! Plus, it was nice to see some great IT work. Smile
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
As I understand the TV scheduling, the initial airing of each episode is on a Monday at 10:30 p.m. and this episode is then repeated 5 days later on the following Saturday at 3:00 p.m. At least that appears to be the scedule being followed here in the Portland, OR area.

Mike

P.S. How many episodes of this series are there?
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Mondo Magic on The A&E Channel (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL