We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Is this Video Editing? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

seanalexander
View Profile
Regular user
UK
194 Posts

Profile of seanalexander
Hi guys
I found this video clip and would like to what you all think?
Is this for real or is this camera trickery?

Cheers
Sean
MaGiShN46
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of MaGiShN46
Can I see the video lcip email it to me at magishn@hotmail.com
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
What is it??

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
seanalexander
View Profile
Regular user
UK
194 Posts

Profile of seanalexander
Sorry guys I forgot to place the link!!
Here it is:
http://www.magicvideodepot.com/view.php?a=v&t=1354
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17543 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I vote...VIDEO EDIT....I think? Looks cool though!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
I don't think it's an edit. Maybe it's because I'm naive, maybe it's because I watched the thing frame by frame and decided doing it as a stop frame job would actually be impossible to do that smoothly (the second guy would have to be standing in the exact same spot, with his arms in exactly the same position, and be able to telekinetically persuade the folds of the cloth to hang in exactly the same way whilst controlling the wind to blow the tree in the background to the exact same position).
No, I'm prepared to believe what we have here is merely a very fine effect, skillfully choreographed and executed.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17543 Posts

Profile of Slim King
What if the background is blue screened? That makes it much easier. I'm wondering because of the lack of shadow motion behind the performer. Where are the lights and are they consistent? I really can't see well enough to really tell.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
I work with video editing, and amatuer special effects, what we have here appears to be a finely executed piece of illusioneering. A few things I noticed (Headlights/consistency of lighting) rule out a blue/green screen. On top of that a stop frame job would have been impossible to make look that smooth, the only way to have done it so smoothly would have been to morph the image, I saw no signs of morphing. This appears to be a very amazing and confusing effect, but I have my guesses...not many though.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
alekei
View Profile
Loyal user
Dubai/Lisboa/Barcelona
247 Posts

Profile of alekei
I watched that video several months ago and I was baffled! ....but I saw it frame by frame and I am almost sure it is a video edit Effect, a transition effect.

Alejandro
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
I have a vague theory, based on the author's clue that it can only be done in the dark, but it is REALLY fast.

BTW, does anyone else think Slim King and I look like we're having a stage debate, given our respective avatars? Smile
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17543 Posts

Profile of Slim King
There's a Presidential debate going on right now I think. I'm listening to Chris Rea on the stereo right now. The only way I'll ever get to see him is come to the UK or Germany.(Missed him last time)Ever heard of him?
I'm checking the video again! My computer is back to normal.
Am I winning?

The shadow of the red sheet appears to be much darker than the leg shadows. Also the leg shadows appear to be a little odd in length. Where is the clue? Every time I go to that site my computer bogs down. Does this happen to anyone else?
templemagic
View Profile
Elite user
Sunderland, North-East England
420 Posts

Profile of templemagic
I must admit, I think it is probably a camera trick. It looks too clean. I suppose perhaps with practise a switch could happen that fast - look at the Pendragons sub trunk - although that theory fails as there is nowhere for the first person to go and the second person to come from.

Im stumped if its not a camera trick.

Tm
ROBERT TEMPLE
"The Power to Amaze"

robert@roberttemple.co.uk
http://www.roberttemple.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Is this Video Editing? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL