The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best Folding Coin Effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Quote:
On 2002-08-23 04:59, Chris S wrote:
Some of the greatest 'underground' workers I know of are wombats.

Chris,
I'd be more impressed with Wombat magic if they we're born with a built in Topit!
gimmick1586
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of gimmick1586
My friend showed me a easy trick he does where he takes three coins and throws it into his hand and then theres only two. It looks cool. And you don't know what to think. Smile
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Best trick with a folding coin is "Hard-boiled half" by Paul Harris.
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
If you could find a folding wombat, you'd really have something. I don't know what ... but something.

Sid
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
Haas04
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Haas04
I do the Folding Coins Across by David Roth. He shows it in an old Magic Symposium tape. I think it's the 1986 one, it's in New York. It looks gorgeous. He holds four coins in his hand, and you see all four. He drops them to the table, and there's 3. The 4th is in his hand. He does it again same way, then changes it up for the last 2. It is pretty powerful, and the best use I've seen for the folding coin.

Also, a nice way to produce the folding coin. I know this is written in the Johnson's expanation of Coin in Bottle. But You place the coin in flash paper burn it. As soon as the fire is gone, a coin is sitting in the ash tray (or whatever you put it in.) I don't do it all the time, but it's something to keep in mind.

-Haas
mikejorden
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of mikejorden
I've been following this theme with great interest. One of you refers to combining a folding coin with a thumbtip.

This is just the start. In his book "Sleightly Original", Tom Gagnon explains various routines using a folding coin & TT. To my mind the best routine is Matrix with the folding coin being the extra coin.

Try and get this book - it's not slightly original....it's highly original (I got mine from H & R)
q
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of q
Ammar has a cool coin in bottle routine from his book Ammar Magic that uses folding coin.
MAGICTOM
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, Tx
354 Posts

Profile of MAGICTOM
I just tried the folding half and TT vanish..
on a friend of mine that is aware of the TT.
being that I did not make a fist and push the coin into it, (I used a move similar to money morph) he had no clue that I was using a TT and was baffled on where that half dollar could have gone...
Love It!!!
Tom
No Man is his craft's master the first day!
J.B. Bobo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best Folding Coin Effect (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL