The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kidshows at NASCAR events » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Classy Classic Conjure
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Classy Classic Conjure
As most of you know, I'm a total NASCAR nut! Those who are in my area know me as a totally creative magician, but NASCAR rules in my life. So why not combine the two?

I'm going to get a kid show together to perform "street magic" style for the TONS of kids that flock to these events. Those of you who've been to NASCAR races know that rowdy folks bring their rowdy kids (a good thing).

And those kids need to be entertained by the BEST. That's where I come in. I'm going to pursue this totally 100%. What kinds of tricks do you recommend for this venue? Hint: These events attract the biggest, meanest, rowdiest Americans on the planet, so tricks have to be "IN YOUR FACE" good. No mentalism or boring stuff. Good rowdy, "FACE MELTING" kid show magic!!

Give me your ideas. Help out a brother magician.

Keep it kickin,
Joey
NASCAR plus "IN YOUR FACE" Magic = Nirvana!
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
You wish to entertain children attending NASCAR races. Which, as any non-non-American, will tell you, is a sport involving motorcars. You also wish to do “IN YOUR FACE” magic.
Well, my advice would be thus: the phrase “children’s magic” and the phrase “in your face” do not sit well together. Performing for children is about comedy, interaction, a good rapport with the kid’s, understanding what makes them laugh/impressed/tick, it is not about shoving something impressive in their face and saying “ Ain’t I great”. Of course, there is nothing wrong using strong magic for kids but the presentation style is far removed from that of your average “in your face” street magician.
George
Classy Classic Conjure
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Classy Classic Conjure
"IN YOUR FACE" and "FACE MELTING" are a couple of American Rock and Roll terms. I don't mean I'm gonna get in the kids' faces and say what a stud I think I am. Nobody likes a braggard.

"IN YOUR FACE" and "FACE MELTING" mean my magic is going to be so hard-hitting spectacular, the kids will utterly impressed. It will be like a Rock/Roll concert where you just shake your head 'cuz the music kicks!

That's what I mean. And....

Keep it kickin'

Joey

MagicGeorge, I just read your post again, and I don't think you understand about NASCAR. Take it from a pro: Doing cutesy-pie comedy routines for a rowdy NASCAR mob will never, ever work! Yep, they're kids, but their attention spans are nil. They desire fire. Flash. Cards out of the mouth! Boom-boom-boom. This is baptism by fire, and if you aren't GREAT, you WILL get burned, and badly.

So, give me some ideas for my KILLERRR routine and we'll talk.

keep it kickin still

Joey
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12001 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Joey,

Have you checked with local fire codes before using fire around the kids?

Just a thought.

Keep it Kickin'

C
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
Joey, you say how great you are, but know absolutly nothing about kids or the rest of the world. We all know what "in your face" and Face melting etc. mean.

We also know that you don't use fire etc. for kids and as George, who knows more about entertaining kids than you will ever know,said, entertianing kids means a combination of comedy, interaction and having a good rapport with the kids. This doesn't mean you have to do cutey pie kiddie magic, as you call it.

When you entertain kids your magic with them, and the journey through the trick is often more important to them than the magic itself.

You and your attitude remind me of those kids who turn up full of confidence to audition for Pop Idol, and get knocked on their backside by the judges because for all the self confidence etc, they can't actually sing a note.

We're all still waiting for you to answer my question on the competition topic, about how many shows you've actualy done.
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

"Magic is a secret, without the secret there is no magic"

Remember there are only 3 types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
I'll say it again, "There is nothing classy about this so called conjurer.

How can you tell that he knows nil about NASCAR when all he said that it was a sport involving motorcars?
Is it not? Then what the heck have I been watching go around the track?

You don't even know what Pro means young man!

I am quite certain that the staff informed you of your previous error regarding this topic. I suspect that you will receive another visit from the Elders.

I am a mentalist and I predict that you are going to be redflagged in the pits.

Here's to your future wisdom!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12001 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Joey,

Come on dude, tell us your real screen name. It's all been a joke and the laughs on us. Time to come clean.
The staff will be able to tell soon enough.

Another Yank
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Quote:
On 2004-09-24 23:07, Classy Classic Conjure wrote:
Take it from me. I tried making it in the big city of LA and failed miserably.
Joey

This is probably the only truthful thing he has said on this entire message board thus far?

Kid, if you decide to shape up there are many willing folks who will come to your aid and help you out. Should you fail to respect others and allow for simple courtesies then your reality will be a contempt for others and a sad conjurer that is.

It isn't too late. Be contrite and ask for forgiveness. Everyone will understand. We were all once where you are now.

Remember that all of us here share in your passion for magic!
~r2
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12001 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Joey,

Have you checked your PMs?
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
"It isn't too late. Be contrite and ask for forgiveness. Everyone will understand. We were all once where you are now."

Hi Rey Rey, I take it you're referring to him being a beginner, and not that we were all ignorant bad mouthed youths. Smile
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

"Magic is a secret, without the secret there is no magic"

Remember there are only 3 types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Maybe that's what this person needs is class and manners apparently he knows everything else but that. And who is his manager?
jrbobik
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
104 Posts

Profile of jrbobik
First off I lived in NC for two years. You want to meet die hard NASCAR fans move there. They are some of the nicest people I have meet. Very warm and friendly and they love their racing. So I am not sure where you are getting that they are a rowdy mob. The kids are there to see the cars go fast and have a good time. I really think the "in your face" magic would not go over well with the fans I got to know.

So my advise is to stop attacking people and listen to their advice. They will not attack back but offer good advice.

You have a wealth of information here from Pros that live this life everyday and night so listen well to what they have to say.

Good Luck
John B
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted"
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Hahahahahaha man sometime you just really have to laugh and wonder. Are there really people out there like that who call themselves entertainers?

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
I have to believe that Joey is not a real person. There has been a guy named Mark Lewis floating through here before who loves to stir things up a bit. This may be him, or perhaps a Mark Lewis wanabee. To be honest, I wasn't impressed with the questions, or the stirring. It seems that most of us barely got a courtesy laugh.

Mike
Magic is fun!!!
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
I really liked the man. I think he was genuine.
stu-di-doo
View Profile
Regular user
Cumbria, UK
160 Posts

Profile of stu-di-doo
Seems so quiet without him.

He sure kept it kickin' like a pro!

Stu Di Doo
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Yes, Mark Lewis' modus operandi was to attack both the Canadian and the English Countrymen/Women.

He was also fond of calling himself a "Pro". I suspect that he was banned once the Elders noted his location.

It would bring me great comfort to know that this was the case versus a kid out there creating hate and discontent with his in your face attitude of an art so civil such as ours.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2004-10-05 14:53, magic4u02 wrote:
Hahahahahaha man sometime you just really have to laugh and wonder .. are there really people out there like that who call themselves entertainers?

Kyle

Why? Don't you think he was entertaining?

Maybe he and Mark Lewis should get together and start their own Magic Forum
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12001 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I give it to Phillip, his post were the funniest when he replied back:)

Yup, looks like he is gone. Think we were too hard on him?

hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7392 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Thanks goodness I have "never been there". And I think a good many people have never been.

But as a wise man once told me "Only a fool argues with a fool". It should be obvious what category most people place you into.

Subject closed.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kidshows at NASCAR events » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL