The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bill switch TT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
wulfie66
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of wulfie66
Can anyone recommend a GOOD TT for a bill switch routine? I just got Mismade and am dying to practice! Smile
Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined.
Jack
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Jack
I use the vinyl (soft) TT, but have friends who like the 'Vernet' type, which is the hard plastic type. Either will work as I've used both. I know a fellow magician who uses extra slight of hand during the bill switch (thumb palm, etc.) and likes the rigidness of the Vernet TT.
Magically, Jack
P.S. There's a TT made by the people who produced 'Inferno' called 'Thumbs Up' which may be worth checking out, though it's enhancements aren't totally necessary, it's still worth a peek. Hank Lee's Magic Factory has it.
lowphat
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
240 Posts

Profile of lowphat
I would definitely go with a vernet hard tt. If there is a good amount of humidity or your hands are sweaty it can cause the bill to stick in the vinyl tip and not come out properly.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I recommend not using a TT at all! Learn one of the tip-less versions of the trick and you are always ready!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
JackDaniel
View Profile
Veteran user
nevada
376 Posts

Profile of JackDaniel
Non gim. bill switches are perfect for those Impromptu requests, check Ammar's Classic renditions vol. 3 and John Cornelius incredible borrowed bill routine.

Jack.
Visit the magic of Vegas and your life will change forever..
wulfie66
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of wulfie66
Quote:
On 2004-10-08 04:09, JackDaniel wrote:
Non gim. bill switches are perfect for those Impromptu requests, check Ammar's Classic renditions vol. 3 and John Cornelius incredible borrowed bill routine.

Jack.

I thought that Ammar's Classic renditions vol. 3 was the TT bill switch. Am I missing something?
Kihei
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Kihei
Quote:
On 2004-10-07 10:05, Harry Murphy wrote:
I recommend not using a TT at all! Learn one of the tip-less versions of the trick and you are always ready!

Any suggestions on a good TT free version?
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
A non TT routine is good if you don't have a TT handy but being able to show your hands empty using a TT is a huge plus.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
My favorite TT is the one that the D'Lite is made from...In the deluxe set (TWO D'Lites, a matching TT and a video), I found that TT to match PERFECTLY, and I can slip in and out with ease...woo...maybe I'd better re-phrase that, yikes...I mean, my thumb does not stick. Baby powder is the answer. A good dustin', and ya golden! Works like a charm...don't use too much, though.

Jay Sankey's version of the bill switch taught me that (TT) method. I never quite "got" Michael Ammar's version...after watching Jay Sankey, it became clear. He is quite a teacher...

Cheers!

Doug
wulfie66
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of wulfie66
So, anyone got any suggestions to a good non TT bill switch? Smile
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2004-10-09 05:08, wulfie66 wrote:
So, anyone got any suggestions to a good non TT bill switch? Smile

Sure, Jarle Leirpolls..
Buy his video and his book.
Simply do a search on google to find his website..
There is even a demo-video re this on his website..
His book/video is called : Pocket Power, worth to read..it contains important, very important information re (mis) direction of the specs mind...
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
steve proescher
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia Beach
147 Posts

Profile of steve proescher
David Regal has a great version of a non-TT bill switch on his first video set.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
As for published versions, the Jarle Leirpol tipless method is really good.

I use my own method, which I really should publish, considering how well it works and how easy it is to do; been using that method since '97. People swear the bill never left their sight and the hands are seen empty. A second bill isn't an option in the minds of spectators.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I took the light out of a burned out D'lite and use that ( it's a great TT). I use the Money Morph version. Much better than the others out there.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
David Nelson
View Profile
Elite user
San Mateo, CA
404 Posts

Profile of David Nelson
Personally, I'm a big fan of Paul Chosse's tipless bill switch published as a pamphlet by Ron Bauer called Paul Chosse's Bar Bill Stunt. For $10 you get the switch, 3 different routines, a script and several additional ideas with the bill switch.

If you want a switch using a tip then I highly recommend studying Klause's bill switch from his book In Concert or his video of the same name. It's also explained in Encore 3 and Kurtz's Unexplainable Acts but I think the most complete description is in Roger's book. He recommends a squishy tip like the vinyl one so that you can squeeze it at certain moments to avoid slightly awkward finger positions during the switch.

Dave
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Paul Chosse's tipless bill switch is a thing of beauty if you want a tipless method. Mr. Chosse is one clever guy.

I think Money Morph is more visual than the Klause version. You don't have the extra fold, so more of the bill is shown. It actually does what the title says: It morphs.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
wulfie66
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of wulfie66
Jack,
Do you own the TT from Hank Lee's Magic Factory? I read up on it and it sounds really good. It would be nice to actually be able to adjust the 'size' of the TT since none of them that I've found have been a perfect fit. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Smile

Wulfie
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
I neither almost ever could find a TT to fit my own T.

But, the hard -still flexible- Vernet ones can be enlarged quite easily to some extent, by inserting them opening down in *almost* boiling water, very HOT water at least...

Have a suitable rod at hand, preferably made of tree that is rounded at one end, the one you insert in the TT to enlarge it..

Actually I found in the kitchen a *handle* from some kitchen-tool and misused it for that purpose..not even the wify did object..nothing gets ruined..
Try it out..
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
matratrgjj
View Profile
New user
philadelphia
16 Posts

Profile of matratrgjj
Danny Archer's 1 to 100 no TT bill switch is my favorite. It is really clean and the bill is NEVER out of sight.I have been doing it since 1989.
Eic Johnson
God Bless America and the men and women who protect our Freedom!!!!!
wulfie66
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of wulfie66
Quote:
On 2004-10-11 07:34, matratrgjj wrote:
Danny Archers 1 to 100 no TT bill switch is my favorite.It is really clean and the bill is NEVER out of sight.I have been doing it since 1989.
Eic Johnson

How hard is Danny Archer's routine? I'm just getting into the whole bill switch and don't want something that is TOO difficult. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bill switch TT (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL