The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Which of Steve Forte's tapes to study (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CardShark2004
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of CardShark2004
Ideally I would like to buy all four (but at least the first three which are all card tapes). However right now I can only afford one of the volumes, which volume does everyone reccomend for study if they could only choose one of his tapes to study cardwork from? Thank you.
tensai
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of tensai
I guess you mean his new videos because the others are in sets of 3.I have his 2 other sets which are both excellent.Guessing by your name CardShark2004 I guess you want more gambling oriented than magic so probally volume 4 is best.Other than that you should probally buy the book and get all the info in one hit.
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
Hi CardShark2004,

First, welcome to this forum Smile

as to your question, Well it depends what you want to learn???

Do you want to learn...
-False Deals
-crooked shuffles
-mucking
-switching
-peeking
-crooked deck
-hops and shifts
-stacking
-etc...

Check here for the list of content of this series (note that volume 4 is on Dice):
http://www.daytonamagic.com/Video's/video044.htm

And depending on what you want to learn specifically, there might be better options out there for you, since these tapes demonstrate the techniques but do not really teach them in proper details (since it was not their primary goals to teach the sleights).

For example, if you want to learn false dealing, you would be better served by Ed Marlo's "Seconds, Centers & Bottoms" or Allan Ackerman's Advanced Card Control Series Volume 2.

The same comment would apply to crooked shuffles, shifts and hops...

Since you are a new member I strongly recommend you use the "Search" function of this forum (at the top right corner of the page) and do search for each of the things you want to learn (check the "pick a card section AND the books review section AND the videos/DVDs review section...) and do not forget to also search the "archives" too!!!

This will help you tremendously.

Cheers!

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
Wesley Sin
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Wesley Sin
Quote:
On 2004-10-07 09:59, tensai wrote:
I guess you mean his new videos because the others are in sets of 3.I have his 2 other sets which are both excellent.Guessing by your name CardShark2004 I guess you want more gambling oriented than magic so probally volume 4 is best.Other than that you should probally buy the book and get all the info in one hit.

I think CardShark2004 is asking about Steve Forte's tapes, not tapes of Darwin Ortiz.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4880 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
New Steve Forte book for 200 dollar:
Available December 2004:

http://www.elmagicshop.com/cgi-bin/webc.......14231.20
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
Just save up and buy the set. Until then practice things you already have and know.

And get volume four, then you can be a dice expert by 2005 also.
Who is John Galt?
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1132 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Hi Cardshark2004,

Don't listen to that Craig, he is a purist and frighetingly skilled and experienced. I strongly recommend you go for Vol 1 to start off with. Its a great little volume and includes false cutting and shuffle sequences, stacking the deck, nullifying the cut via table shifts,hops, crimps and working with a partner etc. I refer to it a great deal of the time. When you can afford it, move onto volume 2 which has the false deals, peek, marked cards etc. Good luck.

Regards,

Paul H
tensai
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of tensai
Sorry Cardshark it was late last night when I worte this and wasen't fully awake buy the looks of things I was talking about Darwin Ortiz.Steve Fortes tapes are all excellent and you should probally get them all in order but like saturnin said remember 4 is on dice.Sorry for the confussion.
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1207 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
Get them all; you'll eventually want them all anyway.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Which of Steve Forte's tapes to study (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL