We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Life Lessons - fortune telling/divination (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
451 Posts

Profile of scolman
I really messed up this evening. I used Black Hart's Pendulum Plus in a prediction/fortune telling type routine after dinner. Someone very close to me was taking part in the exercise and I threw some very personal information into the mix. I struck an emotional chord and had to spend the last 2 hours trying to undo the damage.
I've learned some valuable lessons tonight -
- Keep my personal life out of my magic
- Don't mess with people's emotions in an attempt to produce a realistic illusion.

Good effect, but needs to be treated with respect.
Simon
Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
Scolman,
Indeed it does touch a person on a deep level. You have to watch what you say as well as how you say it. But the lesson you just got is of value! You already started making a list. You will never know when you will run in to someone that might have this same reaction, even if you don't know them. Be ready for anything. Read books on cold reading they will clue you in. Richard Webster has more than a few books that could help you out!

Magickman
What man knows he calls Science
What he has yet to learn he calls Magick
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
470 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Hello Simon

Yes, Pendulum Plus sure is a powerful effect. Beleive me you'll never get a reaction like that with a sponge ball routine!

Black Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
451 Posts

Profile of scolman
Perhaps a flaming sponge ball inserted directly into the nostril would illicit a similar response.
Seriously though, I've learnrd this lesson, now onto the next......
SpAgHeTtI
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of SpAgHeTtI
What is the effect of Pendulum Plus? Where can I read it?
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
SpAgHeTtI:

I don't have Pendulum Plus, but have several effects made by Black Hart and they are all top-notch.

You can find information about the effect here:

http://www.blackhart.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/page79.html

Hope this helps,
Dave
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
451 Posts

Profile of scolman
Make sure you check out box bizarre or the museum of antiquities as well.
As it says in the instruction booklet, the Pendulum Plus is as close to real magick as one can get and the spec, does all the work.
I have also found Black Hart's Big Black book to be very informative. As a magician, new to bizarre, I found that the quality of the props and accessories is paramount, of this you can be assured with Black Hart.
Simon.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Life Lessons - fortune telling/divination (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL