The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bill in Lemon from Theater of the Mind (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

triXter9669
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of triXter9669
Ok, maybe its just me but I'm REALLY confused on something. To try and not give it away, I will give as many details as possible.

The part where the spectator signs the corner, HOW would he not notice the the left and bottom edges are torn? Am I missing something here? If its a folded bill, why would the two edges be torn? Can someone PLEASE help me with this?

Thanks
Gregg Tobo
View Profile
New user
Denver
64 Posts

Profile of Gregg Tobo
The text specifies that the "long untorn edge" should be folded over, but I prefer to fold the long torn edge.

My fingers shade the short torn edge.

Gregg Tobo
davidcarlo
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of davidcarlo
His thinking throughout the book is very provoking. But why would you have to "overprove" with both a torn corner AND a signature. Isn't a signature enough? This is where I think the routine suffers a bit.
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
Doesn't Mr Richardson mention that the signature is also to throw off magicians (or people who suspect a switch). Especially in the way he phrases it at the end (it implies that the bill was signed, not the torn-off corner).

I do not remember for sure if it is in the book or if he said it at the lecture... and I do not have the book with me to check right now.

But it is a very good routine!!! I especially like the hands-off look it has...

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bill in Lemon from Theater of the Mind (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL