The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PK Touches-My Story (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jay
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern New Jersey
400 Posts

Profile of Jay
Hello all. I just received Banachek's PK Touches today, and read it about 10 times, from start to finish. I really wanted to write patter for this that was genuine, based on a real life experience. All of the following is true, except for the part where I get tapped on the shoulder. Please enjoy, and comment where appropriate. It is the first original patter I have really written for an effect. One request: Before I start performing this, can anyone come up with something better than 'I have to cleanse your aura'? This is where I am stuck. Thank you for your time.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
When I was a young boy, I had a great relationship with my dad. I was his first-born, and he couldn’t wait to teach me all of the boy things I was supposed to know. He promised to teach me to ride a bike, drive a car, throw a curve ball, and smoke a cigar. He promised to take me to Washington, DC to teach me about our country and patriotism. He promised that when I turned 16, he would tell me the meaning of all those dirty jokes he used to tell. My dad never got a chance to fulfill those promises.
When he was 39, he had a heart attack and died. I was 13, and 2 months away from high school. My dad did keep one of these promises, though. He promised me that he would always be with me, taking care of me, and watching over me. I always believed that he was watching over me, but I never really felt it before.
One day, soon after I had gotten my driver’s license, I drove down to the cemetery to visit my dad’s grave by myself for the first time. I stood in front of his grave and closed my eyes. I began to reminisce about all of the wonderful times we had, and knowledge he imparted to me before his time had run out. I silently asked him for a sign, for a way to let me know that he was there, protecting me. I would have taken anything as a sign—a rustling tree, a car passing by, or a bird chirping. I didn’t expect to feel 2 taps on my shoulder.
I opened my eyes and spun around, looking for the person who would toy with me like this. There was no one there. Just me. For as far as I could see. First, I was spooked, but then I realized that my dad was just listening to what I had to say, and tried to help me on my journey. Just like he used to do when he was alive. Since that day alone with my dad’s spirit, I have always felt his presence around me, everywhere I go, in everything I do. When things are getting difficult in my life, and I feel like I need the guidance that only a father could give, I close my eyes and ask for help. I am always reassured when I feel those taps on my shoulder, and when I know that my dad is there with me, I can handle anything.
My dad used to love meeting people. He was a very social person, and I think he would like to meet you tonight.

(PsychoKinetic Touches progresses)

I am so glad that you got to feel the presence of someone so special to me. How about showing him how much you appreciate his being here tonight.

End+++++++++
Jay
Smile
AngelMerlin
View Profile
New user
Madrid, Spain
59 Posts

Profile of AngelMerlin
Sorry for yor Dad Jay.

The story sounds perfect, the thing is that only YOU can use it. I couldn´t lie about something like that.

I ordered Psychokinetic Touches a week ago, but as I´m in Spain, is hasn´t arrived yet. Hope it´s as good as it promises.

Smile
dusty
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of dusty
Jay,
I have just seen Marc Salem's new show at the Edinburgh festival. Ostensibly it is the same as last year, but with the addition of a PT routine. The phrase Marc used was "polish" your aura by way of an explanation of what psychics believe everyone posseses. (I never like the Cleanse your aura phrase either).

I moved over the spectator by way of demonstrating that nothing was physically attached to the specatator. With no mention of Auras etc.
This may work for you.
Dusty
Regards,

Dusty

aka Max Gordon.
"Always give 100%, Unless you're a blood donor!"

Exclusive publications available from:

www.solutions.yolasite.com
leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
759 Posts

Profile of leondo
AngelMerlin,
I had to look twice at your picture. I thought Michael J. Fox joined our board... Smile
Ted (Leondo)
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
Quote:
On 2002-08-23 11:28, leondo wrote:
AngelMerlin,
I had to look twice at your picture. I thought Michael J. Fox joined our board... Smile
Ted (Leondo)

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that... got a PM from him the other day and it really took me off-guard.

As to the storytelling... whenever we, as creative people, can "personalize" material we are able to pull the audience closer to us... especially whe you reveal just a hint of vunerability in what you share. I've found two routines that allow me to do this quite well... PK Touches and the Muse Box (Lee Earle)... that latter of which never fails to get people crying, that's when I know I'm doing my job right.

Enjoy! Your thinking will lead you to some wonderful experiences if you hold to it.
"I firmly believe that of all the Arts and Crafts of Mentalism, there is nothing more satisfying than one who is a first-class Reader. It is the ultimate in Mentalism..." - Tony Corinda * 13 Steps To Mentalism
McCritical
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of McCritical
Quote:
On 2002-08-23 11:28, leondo wrote:
AngelMerlin,
Ted (Leondo)

Couldn't figure out why the movie Frightener's kept coming to mind a lot lately...thanks for pointing that out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PK Touches-My Story (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL