The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Taxing your patience too? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ricardo_magician
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Ricardo_magician
Hi with cheques I only accept them from business rather than birthday parties. Cash is a lot easier to handle than cheques,

Ricardo the Magician
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
"What does annoy me a little is when people assume I avoid tax by virtue of the industry I am in."

That's why when you give a quote you sometimes get asked if you give a discount for cash, they assume if they pay you cash it doesn't go through the books. They put you in the same league as plumbers and other tradesman. Everyone instantly assumes if you are self employed that you fiddle the books to avoid tax.
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

"Magic is a secret, without the secret there is no magic"

Remember there are only 3 types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Special user
Living in Perth Western Australia
996 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Everyone instantly assumes if you are self employed that you fiddle the books to avoid tax.

Funny, that's because most do I think!

JoJo
Al Kazam --> Magic guy in Perth Australia
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
When someone asks me if I have a day job, my immediate reply is: "Why? Is there one missing?" with a cocked eyebrow and a lopsided grin.

This lets then know (again) that I am a professional and, if the fee is over $600, I make sure that they have my address "so they can send me the 1099 tax form." This also lets them know that I am for real as a business.

As to bounced checks, the only group that has ever bounced a check on me was the Halloweem party - that's a Mensa event - you know - the intellectual society.

It now hangs poudly on my wall as a reminder to make sure that I get a signed performance agreement - the one with the fee of $1,000 for anyone who bounces a check, back before committing to a gig!

Just a couple of thoughts.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Taxing your patience too? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL