The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Constructing a seance. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PinkGlove
View Profile
New user
Bude England
78 Posts

Profile of PinkGlove
Hello all.
A few months ago, I deliberately scared the living daylights out of some of my friends with PK touches in the woods. I enjoyed scaring the hell out of them that much that I want to take it one step further and do a seance. I've got some friends who are really interested.

The problem is: I don't have many resources availible for performing a seance. I have not found much in Corinda's that I feel suitable. I don't know where to find them. I still don't know what a typical seance should contain. I have a brilliant idea in mind, I have my vision but I don't know how to acheive bits of it.

It's going to have to be a solo effort, I can't ensure any pre-show, and I can't use a stooge. I won't be able to use an assistant, or anything like that.

At the moment, I have many small touches that will go into the finished article. I'm aiming for something that will last approximately thirty-fourty mins.

I have found an ultra reliable way of freeing my hands, and I have some neat little touches devised to make the candles go out at the same time, I've sorted my spirit bell, and making that ring, and I have come up with some touches that will make everyone's watch be off by a few hours at the end of the seance, and I have a way of making everyone feel cold quite rapidly.

I have a few touches that I want to add. I want to then communicate with my made up spirit at great length. I would love to do this via a ouija board, but I have no way of forcing the letters. Do any of you know of any sources that would enable me to force the letters on the ouija board? I can't afford anything horrendously expensive.

I need to be able to force the information if possible.... I can use individual forcing techniques to get the information over, but one source, such as the ouija board would be amazing.

I have created a spirit I wish to contact. My imaginary spirit has a name, an age, and all the other things. I also have how he died. He died in a road traffic accident. I am going to force the car, the colour, the speed, and even the license plate number. I hope this will give me quite a clear picture of a spirit I then have predicted.

I would then turn down the lights, and bring him through, where all manner of strange things will happen.

I have my idea in mind, I am really looking for ways that can be used to get the information across reliably, such as a method for rigging a ouija board.

If anyone has some good books they can suggest, that would also be great.

I am a poor student, so I can't afford masses of books, or any truly expensive props.

Thanks in advance for your time.
Jamie
Trust anyone who has gone through it.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3045 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Hi Jamie,

It sounds like you're off to a good start -- but maybe too good of one; in other words, too many manifestations and you've got a magic/spook show, not a believable seance. I'd trim it down a bit if I were you. In the sage words of Mies Van der Rohe as quoted by Eugene Burger in his excellent book, Spirit Theater: Less is more.

Other resources to study (aside from Burger, noted above): given your restrictions, I would recommend Docc Hilford's $1000 Seance manuscript.

Best of luck,
Neil

P.S. You don't need to do any forces to use the Ouija board effectively in a seance. PM me for details. NT
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Constructing a seance. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL