We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Ricky Jay (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Although he is not in the medai just now, I still sya that Mr. Jay is one of the best card men alive today. Am I the only one who feels this way? are there any other Jay fans out there? Some people argue that he is too out there for mainstream magic. If they are right, I say so what. He puts on a great show of magic and history combined, and I wish he would perform more often. Who else out there has seen him live? any other fans out there?

P.S. please forgive me if this is in the wrong room, I wasn't sure where ot put it.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
AaronShields
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of AaronShields
I've enjoyed both of Ricky's live shows, and his appearances on television. I think Ricky Jay is a great performer. He is definately one of my favorite magical performers.

As far as being a card guy, while Ricky is more proficient than most, what I've seen him do in the shows would not make me place him in the ranks of the top cardmen I've seen.
Find out about my magic:
http://www.freewebs.com/aaronshields
Bedazzled
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of Bedazzled
I personally think Ricky Jay is the most accomplished closeup magician alive today. Not because of his ability to handle cards, but his creativity. I attempted to get into one of his shows when I was in New York, but quickly discovered there was no way I would get in.

A few years ago, the local PBS station broadcast his act and I managed to catch about half of it. His timing and humor was close to perfect. I wish I had a tenth of his talent and creativity.

Far out? Maybe... But only in the sense that he's eons ahead of his time.
Kenardo1
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Kenardo1
Ricky Jay & His 52 Assistants ranks up there among the best magic shows I have ever seen. It was unique because it was primarily close-up, mostly cards, and played continuously to sold out houses in New York City. Ricky is engaging, eloquent, extremely skilled, and above all, entertaining. His second show was a stand-up performance - also very well written and very enjoyable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Ricky Jay (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 1.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL