The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » In line at the Scream Park (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
My friend Sean Bogunia does a Halloween show at a haunted house "Scream" park and he asked me if I could come and perform for those waiting to get in to the place. People wait up to an hour and a half just to get in.

The line is about as long as a football field and it winds back and forth. So the line is actually about 4 times as long as a football feild. My job is to walk around and entertain them with quick tricks and comedy. Nothing wrong with scaring the heck out of these people either because they have other people there who are in constumes and there job is to scare poeple.

I did this for the first time last week. It went very well but I'm gonna be more prepared next week. You see, you can be doing a trick for a group and all of the sudden the line starts to move. So you have to move with them a little until the trick is over. Then go in search for another group.

I did some quickies like D-lites, swallowing balloons, even some short card trick. Even snuck in some of my longer tricks but performed them fast and a little different presentation then I usually do. I didn't expect it to be this fast paced so I just did the best I could with what I had. Next week I'll definitely have "the Web" with me. Maybe some mouth coils and the likes. Things to help attract attention.

Anyway. Any of you have any suggestions for tricks or bits of business that would fit this I'd love to hear them. It's a very different kind of performing. Very fast paced but I enjoyed it.

Click here to see the site for the haunted house show. Look at the pictures page and then look at Seans show. It's pretty cool. He's doing my levitation in one of the pics.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Good Lord! Sounds great but the website scared the bejeezus outta me! Get your friend to give me a call I will do a good rate for a new one Smile
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Yea, the site is pretty loud. Even for a deaf guy like me.

Sean didn't make the site. He just does one of the shows there. I perform again there tomorrow night. Hope the weather holds up.

Anyway, even after this years season I'll probably go back so any ideas for this kind of performing would still be helpful for next year.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Laughing Otter
View Profile
Loyal user
Behind you!
205 Posts

Profile of Laughing Otter
Ron,
We have a mutual friend who has often "worked the line" for me at fortune-telling gigs. I'm sure he would have plenty of good suggestions for you.

Sorry the weather didn't hold up for you.
What kind of magic can one do when one is completely soaking wet? Hmm... wonder if there's a thread on *that* in the Café archives...?
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Have you ever considered using a Haunted Key? Smile
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Yea, the weather was cold this week there. It even started hailing for a few minutes. It wasn't as busy as the week before but there was still a line and I actually had fun just working the park. It's a nice change to be able to scare people and they don't get mad offended by it. That's why they're there in the first place. They have a thing on the wall in the office there that lists how many times people have reported someone pee 'd there pants.. Smile

The haunted key could work there but I wouldn't do that one when it's cold. Michigan weather is so unpredictable. I'll put my key in my case and see how it goes. Thanks for the suggestion.

I might be taking over the inside show next year. Sean has been doing it for the past few years. This year he's done 87 shows (Last I knew on Saturday anyway) and he still has another week to go. That explains why he might want to take next year off.

So I'll be putting together a show for next year. It'll obviously have to reset very fast because you do a 15 minute show then you have ten minutes to reset before the next crowd comes in. It's a challenge but I'm looking forward to it. I'm sure I'll learn a lot too.

Thanks everyone. Keep the suggestions and ideas coming. You're a big help.

Ron Jaxon

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » In line at the Scream Park (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL