The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Magic ; new series on BBC. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
cardiac
View Profile
Loyal user
Reading, U.K.
250 Posts

Profile of cardiac
...and.....you're just going to leave it at that ????
DamienT98
View Profile
Regular user
London UK now live in Austin Tx
180 Posts

Profile of DamienT98
Sexy nurses have always made my pulse go faster, I wonder if I could market this effect..? Smile
ScottJ
View Profile
Regular user
Hertfordshire, England.
143 Posts

Profile of ScottJ
Harry H,

Yes, no doubt some such similar principle to the Mind's Eye Deck was used. There's some information on the clever subtleties he's using on Andy Nyman's International Magic Lecture video.

It's not quite dual reality, not quite single reality.

Hope that helps... Smile

Scott.
Dr. Zordas
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Dr. Zordas
I'm sure that Marc Paul used a hard-backed book for the test he did; is this possible? I have his manuscript and had always assumed otherwise. It would look too obvious, the method being too inflexible....

Dr. Zordas
ScottJ
View Profile
Regular user
Hertfordshire, England.
143 Posts

Profile of ScottJ
I did this once, worried about exactly that. It's not much of a problem as long as you hold onto just the pages, and not the hardback cover of the whole thing.
DangerMouse
View Profile
Special user
LONDON CITY
507 Posts

Profile of DangerMouse
Dual reality?
single reality?

get real.

It was the minds eye deck being used for p** s***.

and you call yourself mentalists.

Curt.
Cheese is nothing but thick milk.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1149 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Anyway we can convice the BBC to release this program on DVD format for the enjoyment of the rest of the free world?!

Jerry

PS Please stop with how great this program is, you are killing me.
ScottJ
View Profile
Regular user
Hertfordshire, England.
143 Posts

Profile of ScottJ
Curt,

Yeah... dual reality is p**-s*** (when used to its maximum potential).

And yes, Mind's Eye Deck was used to select her symbol.

What's stronger? "Earlier you thought of a symbol..." or "I want you to see clearly in your mind an image of a symbol..."

What made me say 1.5 reality is that Max's language is more ambiguous as to what the situation is, in terms of when the decision was made to the choice of symbol. Neither here nor there. "You wrote nothing down..." etc.

Scott.
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
Let me get this straight,as it isn't in my mind at least.She actually used the ME deck.But she clearly said she hadnt done anything other than think of a symbol.I thought maybe the ME deck principle could be added to in order to achieve the effect.So it was just pre show work?
ScottJ
View Profile
Regular user
Hertfordshire, England.
143 Posts

Profile of ScottJ
"But she clearly said she hadnt done anything other than think of a symbol"

Then you're falling (for want of a better word) for the verbal ambiguity.

Again, if you've seen the Andy Nyman Lecture Video (It might be on Get Nyman! too, I don't know – I haven’t seen it) you'll understand what I mean.

Scott.
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
Re watched the programme last night and your right ScottJ,its all how you say it.But how funny if she'd said "I chose a card though.."
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2004-10-20 07:41, Harry H wrote:
But how funny if she'd said "I chose a card though.."

In that case, you probably would not have seen it anyway because it would have been edited out Smile That's the "power" of television!

But, yes, it takes good spectator's management skills to nullify the probability of something like that to happen and, I'm sure we all agree, Max Maven IS a master at that.

Paolo Cavalli
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
She wouldn't even have to take a card though, even pre show...she might have just said stop and looked at the card with the symbol on it.
it is all very clever! remember if its too good to be true...it is! come on guys we do magic, we know that he he!

In Magic
Steve Dela
P.S I thought the programme was fantastic! it had a nice foraml quality about it, the way magic on tv used to be.
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
DangerMouse
View Profile
Special user
LONDON CITY
507 Posts

Profile of DangerMouse
I just find it so funny that people who have the Minds Eye Deck see a slick performance with it and it goes straight over their heads.

I always thought that coming up with something that fooled magicians/mentalists would be difficult, I now see how wrong I was.

I'd really be scared to see performances by some of those on here.

Curt.
Cheese is nothing but thick milk.
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
Quote:
On 2004-10-20 13:06, DangerMouse wrote:
I just find it so funny that people who have the Minds Eye Deck see a slick performance with it and it goes straight over their heads.

I always thought that coming up with something that fooled magicians/mentalists would be difficult, I now see how wrong I was.

Curt.

We didn't "see" a performance with the deck though.Incidentally does anyone market the MInds Eye Deck?
Max Maven
View Profile
V.I.P.
264 Posts

Profile of Max Maven
Why would anyone assume that my television performance made use of something I've taught?

The "Mind's Eye Deck" is available from some dealers. I'm sure it can be found with a simple Internet search.
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Max
Over a cup of coffee, a friend and I agreed that you stole the show
Your piece was the BEST of a terrific show
Cheers
TJ
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
Nice to have you on here Max.I did say that I thought the effect was similiar to Minds Eye deck;but Imstill not convinced it utilised that prop.Your answer makes me think I was right.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2004-10-20 18:27, Max Maven wrote:
Why would anyone assume that my television performance made use of something I've taught?

I actually did not see the show, Max. My comment was brought up by some other people here guessing pre-show or not...

As to why *I* would assume that you could use something you've taught... it's simply because you are sneaky enough to do that Smile Smile

Why some of the others here did also assume that, it's not my answer to give, but theirs!

Paolo Cavalli
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
chri5hill
View Profile
New user
Sussex,uk
24 Posts

Profile of chri5hill
Quote:
On 2004-10-20 13:43, Harry H wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-10-20 13:06, DangerMouse wrote:

Curt.

We didn't "see" a performance with the deck though so although it had the look of the trick without considering pre-show it seemed like something else.Incidentally does anyone market the MInds Eye Deck?

You can pick up a minds eye deck at http://www.cards4magic.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Magic ; new series on BBC. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL