The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Station manager is still alive (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Eight Spades
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio (northwest)
482 Posts

Profile of Eight Spades
Quote:
On 2004-10-17 15:18, Dr Magic wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-10-15 16:53, Alan Wright wrote:
I know everyone seems to hate this, but I gotta admit, I actually like it.

I used the effect a few days ago, to great success.

Am I alone here?

You're not alone. I love it.

I think those slamming it either haven't performed it, or more likely have a problem with some of the atheist slamming Steve Fearson does in the manuscript because the effect is awesome. There are no bows taken.. no TAH DAH! But I suspect any serious mentalist will tell you the routine is the real work.

Could it be done by a kid, or anyone wearing a clown suit? NO WAY. This is for serious performers. I suspect many of the people making negative comments on this board are in fact kids and I can see several are wearing clown suits.

It is definitely not your typical magic trick. I also enjoyed the series of emails pitching the trick. By far the most entertaining promotional concept I've seen in magic.

Dr Magic

PS.. I have nothing against clowns. Kids on the other hand spread germs and are loud.

:banana: Smile

Of course the method is great, but it's nothing new. All the great mentalists you speak of have known this for years. It's just dressed up in modern ploy to get those uniformed to buy it. It's like somebody coming out with a manuscript on the TT and gave the impression that it was a new idea.

-Christian
"Tricks are only the crude residue from which the lifeblood of magic has been drained." -S.H. Sharpe
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
What? someone else is manufacturing a TT? ***!!!

I totally agree with MrCyNyc wih regard to the marketing ploy used here. When I read the e-mail It was like someone had broken into my home in the middle of the night. I immediately decided I simply did not want to get involved with such a person with any effect at any price.
When he re-contacted me with the second, more pleading offer, I happily informed him of the location where he could insert his latest miracle.
Now? He never writes, he never calls, he never sends flowers, he never...
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
El Mystico
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of El Mystico
OK, now all the hype is over, and those who have bought it have had a chance to explore it, I'd love some balanced views from buyers on the Station manager document. Not the marketing - the document. Is it useful?

Cheers
Jordan Waller
View Profile
Special user
South Yorkshire, England
609 Posts

Profile of Jordan Waller
In my opinion....no.
I suppose the spirit of a good mental effect is there it just needs a little more developing. I unfortunatly do not have the time to develop it nor does it realy fit my presentation style. Some poeple will swear by it though.
One day I will write a book

www.jordanwaller.tumblr.com

website coming soon...
kcalB
View Profile
Special user
Took me 14 years to make
997 Posts

Profile of kcalB
Somehow I'm reminded of that master of TV marketing Ron Popeil,
who was among other things the inventor of Veg-O-Matic in 1965.
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
Jordan Waller
View Profile
Special user
South Yorkshire, England
609 Posts

Profile of Jordan Waller
What is a veg-o-matic? And whom was Ron Popeil?
One day I will write a book

www.jordanwaller.tumblr.com

website coming soon...
Greg Owen
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of Greg Owen
Sebastian is quickly establshing himself as a wealth of knowledge on a diverse range of topics. I am glad he is here in the Café. Smile

Sebastian - do you do full stacked deck work per chance?

- Greg Owen
Author of The Alpha Stack ebook - the balanced memorized stack
gobeatty@yahoo.com
kcalB
View Profile
Special user
Took me 14 years to make
997 Posts

Profile of kcalB
Greg,
I'm humbled by your comments.
The answer to your query is yes, I use The Breakthrough Card System.
Thank You

Quote:
On 2005-01-30 16:28, Jordan Waller wrote:
What is a veg-o-matic? And whom was Ron Popeil?

Jordan, Ron Popeil was a Tele marketing genius who started out in 1965 with a contraption called the veg-o-matic which was sold on the tele here in the states and to this day he continues to bring us such wonders as The Showtime Rotisserie Grill,
Dial-O-Matic,and The Electric Food Dehydrator. Hope this clears things up for you.
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
I remeber the veg-o-matic, it should have been called the "flesh-o-matic". I sliced the ever loving s**t out of my hand on it.. How you do'in, Mr. Black ?

~Rick~
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
How can this thread (started on Oct 15th, last year) still be on-going?
......'yawn'
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
taneous
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of taneous
It's Steve Fearson's mind control, or is it the aliens?
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2255 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Ooo ooo. didn't care much for the trick, but the ALIENS! Now there is something worht paying $100 for. LOL. I don't think I have laughed that much in years. Taneous - Do you think they will visit us soon and give us the gift of BS too?

Regards
Trevor Cuchet
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Station manager is still alive (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL