The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Richard Osterlind's new DVDs ready to order (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
John LeBlanc
View Profile
Special user
Houston, TX
524 Posts

Profile of John LeBlanc
Just a heads up to you who have been waiting for Richard Osterlind's new set of DVDs, "Easy to Master Mental Miracles":

As it turns out, you can visit Richard's site and get them directly from him at a very favorable price and, as a bonus, get a poster autographed and personalized to you.

Here's the link if you want to take a look at what's on the DVDs:
http://www.osterlindmysteries.com/storeetmmm.htm

Like many around here, I'm a fan of Richard's work and the last set of disks. I can't wait to receive my set.

John LeBlanc
Escamoteurettes, my blog.

"One thought fills immensity." -- William Blake
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
Is this new stuff or just a dvd version of something he had out a while ago? Is there much to get gained by getting these if you have most of his other written material and all of his other DVDs?

Jonathan Grant
partyboy
View Profile
Regular user
Montréal, Québec
142 Posts

Profile of partyboy
The DVDs are brand new, but there is nothing new on the dvds as Osterlind is teaching a very good amount of good old classic mentalism from the time of Koran, Corinda and Annemann to name a few.

I'm sure getting these as sson as I can.
"communicate your humanity, 'cause that's what we all are after all : human!"
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1956 Posts

Profile of alexhui
These DVDs are worth-getting because we are going to learn how to present Mentalism with right attitude. That's always we are lack of...

Alex Hui
To support 100% honest and unbiased reviews: Donate by PayPal

For BRUTALLY HONEST consultation for your upcoming projects, PM me.

YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
To discount the work of Richard Osterlind is a sin....these are a must own for all mentalists. regardless wether the performances presented are old or not; rest assured Mr. Osterlind has put hiw own little twist on this gems. I'm definitley having a copy of these on my shelves and in my set-up.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Mark Timon
View Profile
Special user
596 Posts

Profile of Mark Timon
Hi everybody!!

Do you know if Richard Osterlind asked for permission to use all these effects on the Dvds or you think it's not necessary??

Because I'm wondering about the Annemann's effects!

Regards
mystic1
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of mystic1
And I'm wondering if permission was granted by Millard Longman regarding Acidus Novus.
John LeBlanc
View Profile
Special user
Houston, TX
524 Posts

Profile of John LeBlanc
Quote:
On 2004-10-17 11:38, mystic1 wrote:
And I'm wondering if permission was granted by Millard Longman regarding Acidus Novus.

Where do you see Acidus Novus on the DVDs?

John LeBlanc
Escamoteurettes, my blog.

"One thought fills immensity." -- William Blake
DaveS
View Profile
Veteran user
New York
329 Posts

Profile of DaveS
Quote:
On 2004-10-17 12:22, John W. LeBlanc wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-10-17 11:38, mystic1 wrote:

Where do you see Acidus Novus on the DVDs?

John LeBlanc

Richard used Acidus Novus on his last set of DVD's, which he explained in this post:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......ost=3487
We shall not cease from exploration/And the end of all our exploring/Will be to arrive where we started/And know the place for the first time. (TS Elliot)
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Gentlemen,

Regard Acidus Novus, here is my original posting.

"Let me give you a little background on that move. Al Mann was a very close friend. I purchased the very first copy of Acidus. (Whether that book came from Raxon's master billet move is a topic for another discussion.) When I saw that Al restricted the placement of the word or name on the card, I immediately started working on a peek without using a switch. By the time I was ready to send it to Al, Millard Longman already sent him his version (almost the same as what I was working on) and Al published it in Acidus Plus. I therefore never pursued it further. The move I used on my DVD's is my original one coupled with Millard's off-folds. I meant to mention Acidus Novus on the videos, but in the heat of the shoot, it slipped my mind. I later contacted Millard and apologized and he totally understood being the gentleman that he is. That is the whole story of the move."

As for the Annemann material, in additon to the fact that this material has been in the general magic literature and people have been drawing from it for many years, L&L publishes "Annemann" by Max Abrams.

Richard
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
I can't see the issue either? From what I can see in the description the effects being taught are well credited to the source of them.

It would seem that this is no different to a card DVD that teaches you the basic sleights and then progresses you through to the more impressive stuff.

It becomes a problem when the effects are dressed up and passed off as own creations without any reference to the original creator.
Hypnotic Winter
View Profile
Special user
Ireland
720 Posts

Profile of Hypnotic Winter
When I first came accross mind mysteries I had never heard the name" Richard Osterlind" I ordered Dvd one, I didn't know he was a celebratory of any kind, the description of his dvd just sounded nice as do all dvd's.
It arrived on a thursday, and I was flying to the other end of the country for musical awards the next day. that evening while I was packing I started watching it while still sorting out clothes etc, I was spell bound by what I saw! I went back to the PCt and learned the moves. I spent any spare time that week end practiceing the PCT on myself, in my hotel room, while I was out, while I was at the awards themselves, people must have thought I was mad tearing up so much pieces of paper but none knew what I was up to.
After that week end I was left with one the most killer skill I believe has ever been invented. And I still had no idea Mr osterlind had any kind of fame.
This is why I hold him in such high esteme,I was won over on his own merrits not on reputation. I have never seen a bad osterlind product and I believe I never will.

H.W
When your only reality is an illusion, then illusion is reality.
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Thanks for that post HW.
Aside from the "music awards", my experience of PCT and of Richard's material is almost identical !
Please keep them comming Richard.

Peace
John
Trin
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Trin
I am so glad that Mr Osterlind has released these Dvds,as it is far better that a quality performer be teaching these skills. It is like a fine craftsman, who knows how to work with his tools, and I am sure that the greats of our art would be more than happy to see their work etc in the hands of such a skilled craftsman as Richard. I am sure many would agree?
chicane
View Profile
Elite user
New Zealand
465 Posts

Profile of chicane
I see that one of the effects on Richard Osterlind's latest CD set is the Al Koran "The Gold Medallion" I first learned this routine from Koran's Professional Presentations book published by Unique Magic. I bought mine in 1970.

In my own routine I departed from the original method
by writing the spectator's numbers in chalk on a small blackboard. The prediction was found inscribed on the back of the medallion and actually did really look like that even to the spectator holding it. I also handed the medallion, in a small box, to another spectator to hold while the numbers were being called out. If you have the original Koran manuscript you will know what changes have been made.

I am very interested in Richard's handling and will check it out when the DVD's arrive.

My main reason for telling you all this is to see in anyone can point me in the direction of a source for the actual medallion. The weakest part of my routine is I never managed to get a great looking medallion. I live in New Zealand, but if someone can help with a source, perhaps we can work out a deal to benefit us both. I would need two medallions
chicane@nzmagic.com
FORCE 4 - a TOOL FOR MENTALISTS - OUT NOW

http://www.nzmagic.com/magicshop2015.html
M. Perk
View Profile
Loyal user
Hilton Head Island
292 Posts

Profile of M. Perk
I just ordered these DVDs. Are these actually the "best of" material from Anneman, Corinda, and Koran?
psychic
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of psychic
From the list of stuff that goes in the discs, there are all very strong material. I just hope as a fanatic of this art that the uninitiated who bought them would do them enough justice.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I just orderd my DVD set, with the free, autograph poster directly from Mr. Osterlind's site. I was more than impressed by the number and quality of mental effects Mr. Osterlind performs and teaches in this DVD set. Just about everyone of the effects are considered classics and I can not think of a better performer who can perform and teach these classics in the way that they deserve to be performed and taught than by Mr. Ostlerind. I am extremely eager to watch the complete set and learn how Mr. Ostlerind performs these classics as well as getting insight into performing mentalism properly and effectively and how to truely entertain an audience.

Best regards,

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Matt Andrews
View Profile
Loyal user
Switzerland
219 Posts

Profile of Matt Andrews
I'm convinced that these DVD will become another strong reference in mentalism, like Richard Mind Mysteries.

Actually, since all the effects are "classic effects", these DVDs will become the visual Corinda and Anneman.

I'm really looking forward to receiving and watching the ETMMM.

Matt
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
I can only chime in to what has been written above, and I just have ordered the series.

Even though I own much of the material that has been refered to, I almost can't wait to get the DVDs.
I am absolutely certain about that these great classics will bee sensations in Richard's hands.

Sven
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Richard Osterlind's new DVDs ready to order (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL