The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » 'Bouncy' Balls for Billiard Ball Manipulation? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bradutterstrom
View Profile
New user
Portland, OR
12 Posts

Profile of bradutterstrom
I've searched quite a bit and have found almost no mention of the common child's toy bouncy balls for billiard ball manipulation. I've been collecting them for a couple years now, and I've found that they work AWESOME for ball manipulation.

The biggest downside is there are no gaffs. But they come in various sizes and colors. They work very well for vanishes and reproductions, color changes, etc. Also super easy for moves like the ball roll.

Has anyone else had any experience with bouncy balls?
Ronin
View Profile
Loyal user
Martinez,CA
204 Posts

Profile of Ronin
I love using bouncy balls, too.

Check out the "Bouncy Balls" topic on page 4 of this forum for more thoughts....
David Hirata
www.thingsimpossible.com

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta."
--Federico Fellini
bradutterstrom
View Profile
New user
Portland, OR
12 Posts

Profile of bradutterstrom
Of course I found that thread AFTER I posted this one. Oh well, thought I'd refresh the topic anyway.

I'm wondering if anyone has found a good distributor of bouncy balls. I'd REALLY love to get some clear ones, without any toys inside or anything.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4745 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
The next best thing would be the billiard balls made out of silicon, they are called Fakini balls. Difficult to find, pretty expensive, but handle like a dream. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Chris Becker
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
371 Posts

Profile of Chris Becker
The zauberzentrale münchen, Germany's biggest magic shop, sells bouncy balls with gimmicks in different sizes. You can specify whether you want a smooth or slightly uneven surface (which makes the balls look like golf balls).
Check out http://www.zzm.de ... try online-shop, then register ("anmelden") and search ("suchen") for billard ... the first set they offer ("silikonkautschuk") is the bouncy balls.

Hope this is somehow comprehensible.

In better magic, chris
- - -
<BR>Cards don't cheat people. People cheat people.
Dan Farmer
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Nevada
235 Posts

Profile of Dan Farmer
For non-german speakers like myself and hitchhikers guide to the galaxy fans here is a link to the
Babel Fish Translation
of zzm.de

It's obviously a rough translation but it's easier than german (if you don't speak it anyway)

-Dan
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
if you get Jay Leslie's ball manip video you will notice that he says he uses only super balls for his ball manipulation routine.

Ben Schwartz
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » 'Bouncy' Balls for Billiard Ball Manipulation? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL