The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best video for SLEIGHTS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bradutterstrom
View Profile
New user
Portland, OR
12 Posts

Profile of bradutterstrom
I kept hearing that Ammar is good, so I went and got his Easy to Master Money Miracles volume 1. However, I'm disappointed with it, as I thought I was going to be learning coin sleights and really almost every trick on that video ends with "this is simple...all you need to do is glue two coins together..." or something similar. Some sort of gimmick or preparation. There's virtually no sleight of hand taught on the video.

Now I'm hearing Ammar has an intro to coin manipulation video, which is probably more what I was looking for. Is this the best coin manipulation video? Or are there others? I'm really not interested in gimmicks or props, I just want to learn clean sleight of hand. I also have McBride's World Class Manipulation series, which is good for balls and thimbles as well (I haven't tried any thimble stuff, but I do a lot of ball and coin manipulation.)

I also have Bobo's book and use it alot, but I find it much easier to learn from a video.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Yes you have the wrong video for learning coin sleight of hand.

The Ammar DVD will teach you this, as will David Roth's volumes 1,2,3 as will David Stone's Volume 1,2.

These videos teach you the basic sleight of hand for close up coin magic and various routines to use.

If you want nothing but pure sleight of hand (with several varations of each sleight, no routines at all, you may want to look at Michael Rubinstein's Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights.
Click to visit:
bradutterstrom
View Profile
New user
Portland, OR
12 Posts

Profile of bradutterstrom
"Michael Rubinstein's Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights" Is this a book or a video?

Thanks for the prompt response Dan. Btw I've been checking out your site for the past month or so, looking forward to more videos. I've been watching the videos over and over, trying to figure out what you're doing. Little by little I'm catching on to bits and peices. My favorites are 3wayXing and coinvanishtrio. Keep up the good work.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Rubinstein's Encylopedia of Coin Sleights are three DVDs.

Thanks for the compliments on the routines.

I am acutally tweaking 3wayXing a bit. Someone mentioned to me that it had some simularities to Homer Liwag's Four Coins and a Filipino, so I went and read his routine. He had some pretty cool touches I am kinda merging into my routine.

When I get it perfected I'll probably video it.

Dan
Click to visit:
dai_vernon
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of dai_vernon
nice video of three fly dan
techneeqs
View Profile
Regular user
Ontario, Canada
105 Posts

Profile of techneeqs
I need to get some coin sleight DVDs, these ones posted on here sound good. Next money I get will go into them :o)
CooKooByrd
View Profile
New user
Pittsburgh, PA
4 Posts

Profile of CooKooByrd
Dan at http://www.coinvanish.com has also been great help ,along with the Ammar DVD and Bobo book.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13414 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I agree. I was disappointed with the Ammar money miracles video for the same reason. I bought one; I won't get the other two.

I bought #3 and loved coins thru silk,
and the bill-to-anything talk, but that's it.

I also cannot stand...
gluing money to money
gluing money to magazine articles
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
ChessMess
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of ChessMess
Did Dan say more videos?

Oh yea...

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4158 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Ammar's Intro to Coin Magic is very good, IMO.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
spherie
View Profile
New user
Germany
52 Posts

Profile of spherie
@Chessmann: IMO, too. Smile Heck, I am going to buy _any_ DVD on coin magic..

Cheers,

Spherie
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10800 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Another video that needs mentioning is
"Up in Smoke" by Paul Cummins.

Also Jay Sankey has a coins across effect using only 3 coins. Greg Wilson has a similar trick which he calls 3/4 --it's the same trick. I like this much better than 3 fly .. some input wanted
Vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
After learning the basics from Bobo, another book you might like is "Intermediate and Advanced Coin Technique" by Michael Rubinstein. It was published by Mentzer's Magic Methods in 1982.
Also of interest is "Milestone in Coin Magic" by Fred C. Baumann. I think this is available again.
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
705 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
I have found that everything Michael Ammar puts out is very strong, solid magic.
"The complete intro to coin magic" (Ammar) is very good as is Michael Rubinstein's "Encyclopedia of coin sleights"

Smile
Tony Chapparo
openatlast
View Profile
New user
Shadow of the Castle
74 Posts

Profile of openatlast
I think David Roth's first 3 videos are fantastic. You not only learn the sleights in a logical sequence, but you also see how they look in the hands of a professional.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4196 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
The Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights, re-issued by L&L, contain over 100 coin sleights on 3 DVD's covering vanishes, loads, steals, shuttle passes, changeover palms, Spellbound, coin and card, Han Ping Chien, ROPS technique, Retention passes, and the list goes on.
AT LAST - a NEW fun coins across!! MIGRATE is filled with laughs, magic, cool moves, lasts over 3 minutes, uses props, comes in a Poker Chip version or special Deluxe version with coins, and is about...BEARS!
https://youtu.be/gGjMtW1DLjA

Send inquiries to rubinsteindvm@aol.com

Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best video for SLEIGHTS (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL