The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Learning Hypnosis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aamwood
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of aamwood
Now I am reading the Ormond McGill's New Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnosis. I am more interested in stage hypnosis now.
Where should I begin ? I have been looking for the DVDs that teach some training . My search ended up nothing recommended by this forum Smile
Please , any recommendation is appreciated.
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
Hi there aamwood, I'm like you, got the stage hypnoses book by Ormand McGill. I don't know where to go to now, but I am going to Paul McKennas show soon, so hopefully I will learn something there,
j55
suhbreal
View Profile
New user
Pittsburgh, PA
87 Posts

Profile of suhbreal
I would highly suggest the 'hypnotic techniques' audio tapes by David Calof. It's a nicely rounded series that not only explains techniques but also covers the history of hypnosis. he's a good teacher and very entertaining to listen to, which can be a big help when you are getting started. its definitely not geared towards stage hypnosis but he covers a variety of topics and it would probably be a good base to start from.
aamwood
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of aamwood
Lucky you all. I am in Asia. I can't attend any class or seminar. Looks like I should buy the tapes as suggested by suhbreal.
PaulEverson
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of PaulEverson
There's a book called, I think, "Fun with Hypnosis" - I'm not at home reading this so I can't check - but get it - it sounds cheesy, and looks cheesy but is probably the best one I've read.

When you get a bit more experienced get the "Patterns of the hypnotic technique of Milton Erickson" by Bandler for the really cool stuff ( once again the name may not be that exactly and I can't remember which spelling of Erickson iot is..)
procyonrising
View Profile
Special user
New York
698 Posts

Profile of procyonrising
Fun with Hypnosis is by far the best beginner's book I've ever come across. I've recommended it several times, but few people get it. Their loss. (It's only $13).
aamwood
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of aamwood
Thank you. I have purchased Fun with Hypnosis. Very cool indeed. But I never practice it, may be because I am not too confident because I never have any hypnosis training or class before.
procyonrising
View Profile
Special user
New York
698 Posts

Profile of procyonrising
Don't worry, everyone's had this problem. And, somehow, we've all overcome it.

As a side note, I've actually solved this problem. It'll be published sometime in the future, but if someone can PM me with a compelling argument as to why I should post it here, I will certainly comply.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Learning Hypnosis (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL