The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » What would you do in this situation? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
You're approached on the streets (on the sidewalk actually, Smile) by a camera crew filming a public-interview show of somekind and asked some questions about yourself... They find out you're a Bizarrist Magician and ask you to perform one really visual effect, just one... (due to time constraints etc.)

What would you perform?

And it has to be "Bizarre"-type effect...

I'm asking because it's happened to me more than once (I'm an actor btw, and am around shoots and studios a lot) but I didn't have any good Bizarre effect so I went with a "normal" effect, Crazy Man's Handcuffs, Twisting Arm etc... (If there's anything "normal" about those, lol!)

Anything gory applicable here... I don't mind having to carry some simple small props...

Just in case it happens again, I won't have to rehash my "old" stuff... Smile

Much obliged for any help!

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27157 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Regardless of how they found out ... still, NO!

Unless you have a serious coil demagnetizer on your person and can make it mess up their equipement... and then get away safely... it's most likely a lose/lose situation .
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Hardy Har Har....

I told them I was a Magician in those interviews...

But using a PK Magnet to their equipment would be like spoiling any chance of actually appearing on the show as the equipment's busted, right? Smile

Anyone..... ELSE?

Smile
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
444 Posts

Profile of scolman
I'm still new to the bizarre stuff but have been performing other magic for a while and I must say, I find that I never leave home without an invisible loop around my wrist. It's perfect for impromptu PK work - and won't mess with the equipment.
I'm sure you could think of a routine to accompany the effect.
Simon
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1601 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Living and dead with a pendulum and some business cards.
Bestregards,
Tony Razzano
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Just a thought. Maybe take some tricks that are basically impromptu or done with things you usually have on you and come up with some bizzare presentation.

I'm just thinking of an "Anytime" bizzarre performance. This seems the most logical guarantee.

Good luck to you and be sure to look in the camera and say, "Hi Mom"..Smile

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Moonlit Knight
View Profile
Regular user
U.S.
113 Posts

Profile of Moonlit Knight
In this instant gratification, give me, show me, tell me, I want it now society - sometimes the pressures of having to perform are more than one can handle, especially if one believes that the demonstration my lead to the “big time“. Comedians will get the query “tell me a joke” and magicians often get “show me a trick”. As a bizarrist, you (I’m assuming) want to separate yourself from other “normal” magicians. So, I’ll ask the following for your contemplation, Pakar Ilusi ---

How do you define “Bizarre Magician“?

How does your definition apply to what you normally perform?

What do you do in your performance as a bizarrist, without the time constraints imposed by the interviewer?

Will the conditions allow for a proper demonstration, giving a true glimpse of your performance style to the viewer?

I believe in order for a performer to decide what should be done, they must know themselves and what they wish their audience to come away with. The performer then must do the things that support those ideas under the conditions that are appropriate to that goal, understanding that not all situations are conducive to all aspects of the presentational offerings or performers.

“You've got to create a dream. You've got to uphold the dream. If you can't, go back to the factory or go back to the desk.” - Eric Burdon
"Join the dance... Follow on! With a twist of the world we go."
- Genesis "Dancing With The Moonlit Knight"
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
I think the most bizzare, and easieast prop you might carry and perform for a camera would be the human blockhead.
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Will need to think about it all and come back to you...

Hmmm....

Smile
Laughing Otter
View Profile
Loyal user
Behind you!
205 Posts

Profile of Laughing Otter
Maintain the mystery!
I would explain to the nice people that bizarre magic requires the type of atmosphere, and complete involvement on the part of the audience, that we just cannot create at this moment. We would do the art form a great injustice by performing it in this setting.
Fortunately, we can demonstrate a little "sleight of brain" right now... <insert your favorite bit of impromptu mentalism here>

After it's over and done, I would exchange business cards and promise to comp the interviewer and camera operator to my next bizarre performance, sans camera of course.
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
The Blister effect
k
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Hmmm.... I would really perform something Laughting Otter, or like you said, a mentalism effect (which is performing something as well...)

kaytracy, that's agood suggestion... An almost impromptu trick so long as I've the basic necessities... (pen, button etc...)

Thanks y'all!

Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » What would you do in this situation? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL