The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » An Idea in progress (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1365 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Hey guys hope you all are doing well,here is something I have being working on any help or advice would be appreciated.

We are going to try something which may not work but we will give it a shot.Earlier on this morning I placed a card in my wallet and I want you guys to tell me what it is.I know it's a long shot but we will give it a crack and if it dosent work by all means feel free to blame yourselves.

A random person is called upon,Ok Im going to ask you a few questions in a moment for example I will ask you to name a colour red or black and if you say black for instance we will deal with black cards...which are of course clubs and spaces....Before I begin to ask such questions I will give you a little hint the card is not an ace like an ace of Spades....that would be rather too obvious and easy...lets begin

Think of a colour in your mind(with the menthion of spades and with the earlier example people seem to choose red)

Ok now imagine your staring at a blank screen TV(Draw out the screen while stating this)Imagine a diamond appearing on screen(make a gesture showiing the diamond on the screen)with a heart underneath(gesture again)Now in your mind I want you to point to one of them(As you say this point up to the diamond,in a casual manner) and ask them in a quick like manner what symbol did they point to(Most people point upwards and with the diamond on top and with your casual gesture people will be go for the diamond)

Now ok we have diamonds,There are obviously picture cards and the number cards...I want you to choose one....you can gesture to the top right while saying picture cards and center left when you say number cards.....when you then say choose one repeat the same gesture you made when you said number cards(Plus you hinted earlier on with the ace of Spades that the card is not an obvious one)

In a deck of cards there is no value 1....so I want you to pick a number between 2 and 10 (which eliminates 2 and 10) This is where Im having trouble...seven numbers to choose from....

Anyways this is something I have being working on,I wanted to try and come up with something that feels right to me,rather than using Derren Browns or Kenton's card forces....plus wanted to move away from magician's choice(which is great by the way)Anyways I have done this on 3 occassions today and got the 3,5 and 7 of Diamonds in each case I wanted to force the 4 of diamonds but it did not matter as I had kolossal killer to fall back on.(By the way the four of diamonds was a card just in my head even if they picked the card I didn't really have an idea to captilise on it as the card is in the wallet anyways but its great practice and maybe something will come to mind)

Anyways thanks a lot for taking the time out to read,Hope everyone had a class weekend!!
Alexander Marsh
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1190 Posts

Profile of Alexander Marsh
Well as you may have noted from those 3 examples, people tend to go for odd numbers.

Have a look in the secret sessions forum on this bored, Seaun Fieds posted an intesting verbal force which you could adapt to your froce.
Also someone posted a very intresting 'out' in a post about doing Kollasal Killer with 2 cards, about counting the index's aswell, wich you could adapt.

Good work by the way, some intresting subtities.

Trying to force the 4, hmmmmmmm, well what other words sound like the number four.
For; "can you get the NUMBER FOR the value"

FORced; "Dont feel FORced"

FORsee; "Dont try to FORsee the the card...."

the 4 corners of the card; "visualise the 4 corrners of the card (pointing out the 4 corners with index fingers) and the NUMBER FOR the value, the number LOW down in the corrner of the card."

Just some ideas for you to bounce around,
Regards,
Alex.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1365 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Hey Alex thanks so much for the informative reply and kind comments,well you are dead right when you say that odd numbers are the one's most commonly picked.I have tried this verbal force maybe four or five times since my posting and each time I hit every part except the number...lol very frustrating:)I have come up with an idea to narrow it down to a middle number......."There is obviously no value 1 in a deck of cards...goes from two to ten.....pick a number between these" Gesture slighty to your left with your left hand when you say "two" raising two fingers....gesture with your both hands slightly to the right showing ten fingers when you say "ten".......When you reach the word "between" gesture with both hands in a central position somewhat between the imaginary 2 and 10.......also after the gestures maybe you could say think of a number now gesturing and as you say "think" point to your temple with your right hand showing five fingers in a casual manner.Im sorry if it sounds odd but it suits me and is all very casual and not at all obvious....Im not so good at describing actions in detail.

Anyways start the routine by placing the 5 of diamonds in a small bag(I use the one supplied for the effect free will) and say we will get back to this later...now I have a card in my mind and I want you to tell me what it is and you know the rest.....If you hit menthion the bag that's being on full view the entire time if you don't hit have an out such as kolossal killer or the invisible deck......and use the bag in your next effect to perform free will, the force can be done with any card..all you have to do is simply alter the wording.

Anyways I will keep at it and see how it goes...all the best!

Yours Sincerley,
Pete Carroll
triXter9669
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of triXter9669
Quick question. Where are the secret session forums in here? I cant find them
Menetekel
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Menetekel
If we tell you they aren't secret forums anymore Smile

Seriously now, you need 50 posts to see those forums.
triXter9669
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of triXter9669
Gotcha. Thanks I thought there was a trick to it
Alexander Marsh
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1190 Posts

Profile of Alexander Marsh
Sorry Pete (and triXter), only just noticed you have less than 50 posts, but your nearly there Pete.

Very intrsting ideas, and it was a pleasure typeing my comments.
I see we both think along the same lines when it comes to this sort of work.
Ive been writing in a little note-book my own effects and ideas that rely on this, basicly very 'real' methodoligy. The classic mentalism comes in when the more psychological methods don't go so well (note:not failed).

Let me know how you get on,
Alex.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » An Idea in progress (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL