The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Perplexing Pen (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
PSI Sharpie is a totally different effect than Super Sharpie. Psi Sharpie is a Sharpie that spins around in a clock like fashio for a PK effect. Super Sharpie is a device similar to a swami gimmick to achieve various effects involving predictions.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
PSI Sharpie is electronic.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Correct. And it uses a RC.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
mghia
View Profile
Veteran user
Kymystical
387 Posts

Profile of mghia
I want to be sure of something. Many are calling this and other pens PK pens. But the ads say no M@g#@t#

Doesn't the magic community usually refer to things as "PK" if it uses the PK principle? That is, until that product came out, most did not call item "PK" if it did not use that method.

Thanks for clarifying.
Honestly I do not know what to think about these reviews.
Some get it to spin some do not. Some like it better some don't. Only one I think stated it took over 1 minute to work.

Sorry but I agree, in a SHOW setting that is a tad long. I have telekinetic Timber which MINE can take over one minute and that is a long time to chatter when you do not know if it will go or if it is just "a slow day" for it if you know what I mean.
So do ya'll have any input on how long it takes for your pens to do their thing? Does it vary from pen to pen or is the variation due to factors like the Timber. (Temp)
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Cesaral Pen can be set to fall in 15 seconds or 30-40 seconds.

You really have to time your patter to the pen.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
PK stands for "Psycho-Kinetic" very roughly translated that means "Mind Movement"...the ability to move or effect a physical object with the power of the mind. It is a the physical manifestation of psychic energy...supposedly. It is a type of visual effect NOT a method. The objects you mentioned, "M*****S", are just one way of achieving as are IT, IET, static, air etc. etc. etc.
Living at and loving Loch Ness!
mghia
View Profile
Veteran user
Kymystical
387 Posts

Profile of mghia
Thanks. Didn't the use of the term "PK" seem to surface in magic effects when PK FACTOR came out, yes?
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
So what would you say is your best format for presenting a PK pen effect? For example, do you tell an errie story or test the power of your guest, or take door number 3 ?

TIA, - Nicodemus
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
MentaThought
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of MentaThought
Quote:
On 2004-11-11 04:41, Tom Lauten wrote:
The objects you mentioned, "M*****S", are just one way of achieving as are IT, IET, static, air etc. etc. etc.

Very good point.
Speaking of which: does anyone know of methods other (such as IT etc.) than the one used in Banachek's "PK Touches" effect that achieve similar effects as "PK Touches"?
"A good mentalist ... will teach you a miracle because he understands the subtleties ..." -- Banachek

"If this works it'll be BEAUTIFUL!" - The Amazing Kreskin on a stunning effect he performed on his 1970s television series (PS: it worked)
Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
Quote:
On 2004-11-11 08:12, Nicodemus wrote:
So what would you say is your best format for presenting a PK pen effect?

Jeez...How long is a piece of string!?

Well, I usually don't try this sort of effect unless the mood is serious and the subject of PK comes up or seems a natural tangent.

Sometimes I suggest an experiment after doing other effects which involved writing with the pen. I introduce the pen as the subject simply because it is at hand. Make its choice almost an after thought or concession.

It can work if you are discussing ghosts or poltergeists and do a mini seance setting the pen down casually in front of everyone but to the side. This uses the pens' timing to good effect and can get a real jump.

You can also introduce it as an effect the spectator "can do themselves" after you do a similar effect in PK using a different method. It works under the guise of having got channels of energy open and the spectators mind set just right for "any possibilities!"...etc. etc.
Living at and loving Loch Ness!
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
Thanks Tom, I appreciate your patience and detailed answers.
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Thought I'd bring this post back to life,we do seem to have an affinity for PK pens on this forum.

I have the Cesaral Pen which I feel is the Rolls Royce of tip pens.
Can tip multible times without a reset and is clear so you can see the ink tube inside the pen.

That said,I went and picked up the Perplexing Pen to see what the kids on the other side of the tracks were
doing.( I'm jokeing,trust me )

After working with the pen for awhile I found the right position to get the pen to do "the move".

I don't use a glass I use the edge of a table or shelve.

Well...The pen sits there and after several moments it
POPS over onto its clip which is rather startleing.After a few more moments it falls.

It does take some time to get the feel for the exact placement of the pen for the effect but it is consistent.

I like it alot.

The Cesaral pen is far less touchy when it comes to placement of the pen.

#1. Cesaral Pen
#2. Perplexing Pen

Waiting in the wings (hopefully before 2005)is the Psi
Sharpie.

That puppy should spin off a glass and keep spinning when it lands on the table,and probably cause a few heart attacks!

Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Perplexing Pen (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL