The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Help - Invisible Ink type effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shogo
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of shogo
Hello,

I need some help or info about different ways I can make words appear on my arm. Here's the basic effect. spectator picks a card. I do some hooky spirit calling and ask for a sign. I roll my sleeve up and the card name appears on my skin.
That's what I need help on, I just want to roll up my sleeve to show my bare arm then slowly the writing will appear on the arm.
I was thinking that maybe I could use aspects of the ASH effect but with smoke just rising from a flame, but it didn't work very well.
Is there any invisible ink product that will clearly show if exposed to smoke? (I plan to burn the cards in a cauldron after the spectator selects it to facilitate the smoke)

Thanks
jasper
View Profile
Regular user
188 Posts

Profile of jasper
Banachek does this on one of his psi series dvd's (not sure which one!) He shows his arm bare and gradually a number appears on his arm in red! Completely impromptu! Very easy to do!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
--Albert Einstein
MichaelSibbernsen
View Profile
Special user
Omaha, NE
513 Posts

Profile of MichaelSibbernsen
Quote:
Banachek does this on one of his psi series dvd's (not sure which one!)

That would be "Stigmata" on Vol. II

Quote:
Is there any invisible ink product that will clearly show if exposed to smoke?

There are "inks" that will develop in the presence of heat and others in the presence of certain fumes. Neither type would probably be suitable. The Banachek method would most likely be best, but note it does not work for everyone the same.

Another less organic method would be a UV ink and hidden UV light source that would slowly "develop" the message as your proximity to it decreases. There are fantastic high-intensity key chain size UV sources from the makers of "Photon Lights". Other less expensive (and less effective) sources can be found on eBay, including pen and light source all-in-one units. Zach Allen produced an e-book called "Illuminations" that explores many uses of this technology.

MS
shogo
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of shogo
Thanks very much for the info. I'll look into the DVD & the UV inks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Help - Invisible Ink type effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL