The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » New idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cardsarelife
View Profile
New user
Newquay
3 Posts

Profile of cardsarelife
I have a great new idea, and one that most certainly hasnt been done before

how could I get in touch with someone reliable who would not steal this idea and use it for their own profit?

I would like magic to benefit from this, not a specific person

any thoughts?
What do you get if you cross a navy vessel, a scooter, and a card magician? A scooter that can run on water whilst earning £200 a night for being a con-man!

:D
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I would handle it over email, so that it remains secure.

There are many people in this forum that can be trusted...read throught the posts and make your own decision.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
newman1066
View Profile
New user
North Carolina, New York, Vermont,
53 Posts

Profile of newman1066
Quote:
On 2004-10-19 17:01, cardsarelife wrote
how could I get in touch with someone reliable who would not steal this idea and use it for their own profit?

Publish and/or market it yourself and then you only need concern yourself with other magicians stealing it.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
I would be glad to give you some advise or help. I am sure you will find I run a well trusted company and your secret will be safe with me...God knows I have a ton of them I am holding for others Smile
I am sure I can give you some insight into manufacturing and marketing if it is a winner idea.
Take care,
Chance Wolf
Wolf's Magic
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
TricksDaniel
View Profile
Loyal user
Pensacola,FL
248 Posts

Profile of TricksDaniel
I would personally trust it with Chance Wolf. I know someone in MS that knows him and has worked with him on an effect called Shattered. Chance, just in case your wondering it is Tim that I know who did the finishing on the props. Cardsarelife, if you want to make sure that it is original by having someone research it and someone that you can trust also, that would be Gary Darwin. Get a hold of Don Drake at blackartsecrets.com and he will get you in touch with Darwin. Gary has a vast library and is also the library in himself. Hope this helps.
Owner DC_ILLUSIONS
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
Don't email me I'll steal the idea.

mailto:ceo@icentertainment.com

Just kidding.

I live in Australia and make my money from performing not selling tricks, I have had experience creating illusions but unless it's another cardtoon, I don't think I’d steal the idea.

I designed the symbology deck web site and knew about it about 8 months before it was released - I didn't steal that great idea.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Theres a lot of trustworthy folks around that could give you some help Im sure. I don't know the others mentioned but Gary Darwin is good, Geno at Houdini's Magic SHops in Vegas is a good friend and is absolutely trustworthy and Gary Darwin will vouch for that I'm sure. If as you say you want magic to benefit why not just publish it here on The Magic Café and make it available to all who want to use it????

Just remember that by posing here on the Café that you are assigning copyright to the site owner as spelled out in the copyright notice below. Good luck and can't wait to see it.

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
And Tabman is a good guy too, no matter what they say!

Known him online for 14 years, back to the old Magic BBS! days.

Rick
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
I would say a lot would depend upon what type of effect it is. It's hard to suggest anyone without knowing a little more.

Regan
Mister Mystery
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2004-11-03 15:48, ricker wrote:
And Tabman is a good guy too, no matter what they say! Known him online for 14 years, back to the old Magic BBS! days.

Thanks Rick, you too!!!

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22825 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If you have an idea that you have not brought to reality. Then it is just that, an idea. You must bring this into being. If it is a tanglable item, then you must do the research and developement of a prototype.

There are very few, if any, investors in magic. I suggest you seek an attorney, before you even speak to anyone about your idea. You have not given any idea about the idea, so go for it yourself.

Contact local cabinet maker, tool and dye makers or whatever professional can help. There are tons of retired tool and die makers that can give mechanical advice.

James Dimmare comes to mind. He had an idea for a shrinking and vanishing dove cage. Everyone told him it could not be done. Well, he proved them all wrong, and it looks great in his act.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » New idea (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL