The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Planting objects. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gareth123
View Profile
Loyal user
Rotherham UK
245 Posts

Profile of gareth123
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can put me on the right track or point me in the right direction.

I'm wanting to do an effect where I suggest an object or a word into into somebody's head (without actually saying the word). I then want to tell the person what the word or object is that they are thinking about. Is this type of thing too far-fetched or is there still hope for a young Jedi like myself?

Gareth Hobson.
*is tihs migac or am i sineg aonhter wlord in wihch i nveer lvied UNTILL NOW*
procyonrising
View Profile
Special user
New York
699 Posts

Profile of procyonrising
Hi Gareth,

Don't know if this'll fully answer your question, but I've been looking deep into subliminal priming. The considerations include methods of priming, stimulus, and timing, but it does work. Though the set-up might not suit the close-up performer, it's got several stage applications.

As far a traditional mentalism goes, I can see you getting into crystal ball work, where the person suddenly sees a word appear in the crystal. Performed well, people won't know the difference.

Best,

James.
Jordan Waller
View Profile
Special user
London
610 Posts

Profile of Jordan Waller
Their are probably numerous ways to do this through suggestion though it wouldn't always be 100% foolproof. I remember reaidng a nice force in the inner thoughts section concerning forcing people to think of a pen.
Its realy just a matter of playing around with the subject at hand. I haev also seen Derren Brown make someone think of a bottle through what looked like suggestion and I have done something similiar, though Derrens may not have been suggestion and could very well be something else.
Also think about using some kind of word association. For example, you name a word and the other person merely thinks of an object associated with it.
One day I will write a book
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Planting objects. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL