The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Scams & Fantasies DVDs, autographed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
486 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
I just wanted to let Café members know that, if you're planning to buy my Scams & Fantasies DVDs, you can purchase them directly from me. Volume four shipped from the duplicator last Friday. So I should have all four volumes ready for shipping within a couple of days.

The cost for the four-volume set is $120 plus $5 for shipping. (I'm selling full sets only.) If you would like the DVDs autographed, just mention it in your order.

Unfortunately, I can only accept checks and money orders. The address to send your orders is:
Darwin Ortiz
2712 Wisconsin Av., NW #803
Washington, DC 20007

Feel free to mention this offer to anyone you think may be interested.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Mr. Ortiz, just a tip..
have a look at:
https://www.paypal.com
It's for free to sign in.

The principle is, anybody having an email-adress and an account at some bank, can get money transfered for free to that account, as well as the second the transfer via Pay-Pal is off, you'll get an email, that this or that amount of money is received at your account.
I'm pretty sure, using Pay-Pal, will accelerate sales of anything one has to offer.
Have a look...
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
If you accept PayPal, I will order from you, directly.
How much is standard airmail cost to sweden, europe?
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2004-10-20 09:00, Kjellstrom wrote:
If you accept PayPal, I will order from you, directly.
How much is standard airmail cost to sweden, europe?

Depends on the weight of the parcel.
Normally between USD 10 to USD 20.
3- 4 DVDs will go for max. USD 10 normally.

Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Its very easy to add your products with PayPal on your web: http://www.darwinortiz.com/
Many magic shops uses PayPal. How to do it:
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_merchant-outside
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Or take a credit card as checks take far too long.
Nueffl
View Profile
New user
Germany
5 Posts

Profile of Nueffl
I guess I would order too if Mr. Ortiz accepted Paypal..
Best Wishes, Nueffl
Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
486 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
Okay, I surrender. If you wish to order the DVDs, you can e-mail me at darortiz@aol.com and I will send you a Paypal invoice. (Bear with me as I am technologically challenged. But I think that even I can manage this.) For overseas orders, let me know the country and I will estimate the appropriate shipping charge.

Also, I would ask magicians to please not contact me through my website as this intended only for clients.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
rnaviaux
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of rnaviaux
Dear Mr. Ortiz,

Do you mind having emails sent to the above address? (On magic related issues.)

Sincerely,

Randy
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Just to clarify for anybody interested in PayPal, one doesn't even have to have a website, an email-addy is enough..
One simply does log in using ones secret log-in to Paypal -after one of course has signed in there for free- and then one simply can send money of too anybody having an email-addy.

Those, NOT yet signed in at PayPal, will simply get notified and asked to do so -free of charge- as PayPal does tell 'em there is money waiting for them Smile

Who could resist a such offer?

When both parts then are signed in for Paypal, one can juggle forth and back with cash..apart from this, PayPal is safe..

If some sneaky dealer doesn't deliver, one simply notifies PayPal and they'll se to the money get's back to the original sender.

PayPal so is safe and very fast for both users.

Fast means, the moment you send of money to somebody via PayPal the receiver gets instantly an email re the amount aso. and the sender too gets one, notifying the transfer..

And, believe me, it accelerates sales.. Smile

I know of own experience..I've never ordered so many *utils* and assesories then after I signed in for PayPal.

Note, banks these days are crazy, almost at the level of frauds..they charge incredible high sums for tranfering money/a check to foreign countries!!!

Avoid banks..all they are good at are inventing new ways to highen their fee annd income for anything they can lay their fingers on..
That I too know from experience...

Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
http://www.paypalsucks.com/

Food for Thought....

I personally know 1 person that put an auction up at ebay(not magic related) for about $50 dollars, apparently got paid with stolen funds, and then paypal froze(confiscated) his *entire* checking account for I think 3 months, and he couldn't get to his money even though he had transfered it to another account beforehand.

It went something like this:

1. He transfered a large amount of his own money to another bank account.
2. He recieved $50 in stolen funds from a ebay buyer
3. Paypal *reversed* the transfer of his own money
4. Paypal froze his account which means he couldn't get into any of his money.

I am extremly weary of paypal.... I made a free checking account that I only keep $50-$100 max in at anytime and routinly clear out anything I have recieved...

I'm just saying, be careful with giving them the info of an account that has a lot of money, because they can and will freeze it, not allowing you to get to *your own* money.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Get these! I have and viewed volumes 1-3 and cant wait to receive 4 (bought it, but waiting due to backorder). Excellent stuff, which was expected from Mr. Ortiz anyway.
MisterE21
View Profile
Elite user
Salt Lake City, UT
426 Posts

Profile of MisterE21
While I think it's a great thing that Mr. Ortiz has opted to take paypal, as I do believe it speeds up the process and will encourage more orders, I hope he's not doing so under a misconception:

Paypal is free for the SENDER of money; they take a bite out of the SELLER's end of the things. I.e., you send Darwin the $120, he'll get $115 or something like that (I can't recall the exact percentage).

I personally think he'll get enough EXTRA orders due to accepting paypal that it will be worthwhile for him regardless of that little nibble.

Just wanted to make sure it was understood that paypal is ONLY free for the buyer, not the seller...

E
Your EFFECT is only as good as its AFFECT.
Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
486 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
I just wanted to let everyone who ordered know that their DVDs were shipped yesterday.

For anyone who may still be considering ordering, let me answer a question that a couple of people have e-mailed me. The DVDs will be, not only signed, but also personalized (e.g., “To Bill Jones, Best Wishes”).

Of course, if you prefer that I not ruin your DVD cases by writing all over them, just let me know.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Scams & Fantasies DVDs, autographed (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL