The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » ETMCM 7-9 vs Revolutionary Card Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dave Schutt
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Dave Schutt
I know this topic will probably start some heated debates, but the purpose is really I have money to buy one or the other. I'm fans of both and have several videos and books from both. IMO I was disappointed by the Best of Jay Sankey series and to be fair I don't think that ETMCM 4-6 were as good as 1-3. While Jay seems to re-release his own material quite often, some of Michael Ammar's(or the stuff on his videos,not necessarily his own, I know) can be some what long-winded, especially for our attention deficit-disordered society! I look forward to everyone's thoughts and feedback. Thank you.
Dave Schutt
Charlotte, NC
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
<<Yawn!>> The series stared out great, but now it's obviously all about the money. Save your money. Go with the new Al Schnieder DVDs or better still, grab some Darwin Ortiz or Peter Duffie.

Ben S
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
dmdk
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of dmdk
Agree. Buy another magician. Learn different trick.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I think volumes 4-6 of ETMCM were the best, especially volume 4. I would agree that the material on 7-9 is not as strong. Some of the material is flat out boring. That said, I think the tapes would be great for a beginner and there are a few great tricks sprinkled about. If you will be basing your view of them on the first 6 volumes, I would go with another set of dvds.
Jaybs
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Jaybs
I didn't think Sankey's Revolutionary Card Magic was too great either. I bought it expecting to learn "revolutionary" techniques, but they are far from that. Also, most of the effects require gaffs/set-up to accomplish. Like the others, I would advise you to go with a different DVD set. I don't have ETMCM, so I can't comment on that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » ETMCM 7-9 vs Revolutionary Card Magic (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL