The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Routine for rising tie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic_Ram
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Magic_Ram
I wonder what could be a nice routine for a rising tie
I thought I can try to levitate my zombie and instead of the zombie rising the tie would go up, but I am afraid that the anticipation for the ball to rise will make the tie rise to be disappointing.
What do you think?
wizardofsorts
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
935 Posts

Profile of wizardofsorts
I think the rising tie is a gag. Not really a magic trick in itself. I have seen it used to great success as running gag. Everytime the magician was surprised by something, his tie would fly up and he would make a surprised face. The kids loved it. What if you try to make the zombie rise, the tie rises instead, do this twice, then the zombie does it's thing. Then at the end of the rountine, as you are taking your bow, the tie rises again. You've got comedy in three's, and you've got reincorperation.
Edd
Edd Fairman, Wizard of Sorts is a corporate magician available for your next trade show, hospitality suite, client luncheon, or company event. http://www.wizardofsorts.com
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
The rising tie could be used multiple times during the show as a gag. If you had a tie which said "Lie Detector", it would rise every time you said "There is nothing up my sleeve."
You could use it as a warm up. Have the children clap and cheer. The louder they cheer, the higher the tie would rise.

Using it before the Zombie could be funny. Especially if you told it to "Stay down Tyrone, I was talking to the magic ball" and it kept dis-obeying.
Magic is fun!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Routine for rising tie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL