We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How many Magic Café Forum members does it take to change a lightbulb? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Aperazor
View Profile
Loyal user
Akron,Ohio
244 Posts

Profile of Aperazor
I think I have come up with a method to change a light bulb unlike anything that has ever been done before...well I haven't checked anywhere but it is entirely mine and uses no gimmicks or **** it may be able to be done with a [ or a ] and others use a ****** but mine is completely clean I will be marketing this very soon and will post here when it is ready, so check back here often....
Funny posts...Thanks for the chuckle
Nick
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1794 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
I just heard that an enterprising company is going to have the effect made from brass and outsourced to China!

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Hey, this suggests a funny version of the copper & silver transposition for performing Smile

You do this by magic at someone's house. No idea about exact method yet, but it would impress people big time!

Walk over to a light switch, and the light does not go on. The bulb is too high up to reach. So you take another bulb out of your pocket... and ... then when you or they flip the switch it works Smile The bulb in your hand is now greyish.. and goes in the trash.

Okay, simplest method I can think of involves a reed switch and screwdriver and just a couple of mins of prep work. Just off the top of my head.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Magix
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of Magix
Don't forget about -

1 to say "What's the reason for changing the light bulb? If there isn't a logical reason to change it in the first place, then the whole routine is pointless."

and

1 to say "I agree."
Macbeth
View Profile
Regular user
London
129 Posts

Profile of Macbeth
Also 1 to point out that changing lightbulbs can be dangerous and not to be performed in front of impressionable children!
blwrjw
View Profile
Regular user
The Top of the Mountains
177 Posts

Profile of blwrjw
Quote:
On 2004-10-22 16:09, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Okay, simplest method I can think of involves a reed switch and screwdriver and just a couple of mins of prep work. Just off the top of my head.

I am truly *shocked* to see you exposing this *switch* publicly. *Watt* were you thinking? I'm beginning to see you in a new *light*, Jonathan...

Barry
...before you go rushing off to show your friends a new field of miracles, you should get well acquainted with tools of the trade.
-- Tony Corinda

One can never have enough socks...
-- Albus Dumbledore
Kim
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Kim
1 to say he can *switch* a lightbulb from 60 watts to 75 watts to 100 watts with a palm switch
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
Yup. And about 30 days for the famous "Changing Light Bulb Effect" to get penguined.
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Plus at least two believers and two skeptics to argue as to whether the light really goes out when you close the refrigerator door.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11164 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
For Sale: One Light & Heavy Bulb. Cheap.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6508 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Get ready for Easy To Master Lightbulb Changes.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
paulajayne
View Profile
Inner circle
London England
1160 Posts

Profile of paulajayne
When is it available and can I do it close up?

Paula
Paula Jay - Magic to Remember -
---------------------------------
I once wrote a book on elephants, I think paper would have been better.
----
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
Oh man... This is one funny thread!

I have nothing to add to it... so I guess I can be the staff member mentioned about 15 post ago Smile

Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
1 to worry if the Mr. Electric act had this kind of effect.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
dr chutney
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
518 Posts

Profile of dr chutney
Can I just say that the Light Bulb Change featured in the David Blaine 'Three Weeks In A Tub Of Gravy' special was based on my '100 What?' effect.

David knew he wanted to do something with a bulb but was very much in the dark until he previewed my forthcoming E-Book. He changed the handling slghtly ( I remove the old bulb with a cloth, he felt that detracted from the effect and showed his hands completely clean before removing it ). There is an edit at that point in the programme, which the observant of you may have picked up on, because the next time his hand is shown he has a bandage on it.

If anyone is interested I am now working on a strip light version that doesn't involve the end brackets snapping when you attempt to remove and attach. However, I may take David's advice and keep that one to myself. He's such a considerate chap, as are all his legal team.
We're having a laugh!
Grab yourself a FREE Joke Ebook at http://thejester.biz
DVA
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of DVA
Sorry, but can any one tell me what a light bulb, lightbulb or a lamp is? What is the best DVD or book to get for stuff with it? Can someone please illuminate me?

I did a search but all I found was this legal jargon.

Quote:
Q: How many lawyers does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Such number as may be deemed to perform the stated task in a timely and efficient manner within the strictures of the follow- ing agreement:
Whereas the party of the first part, also known as "The Lawyer", and the party of the second part, also known as "The Light Bulb", do hereby and forthwith agree to a transaction wherein the party of the second part (Light Bulb) shall be removed from the current position as a result of failure to perform previously agreed upon duties, i.e., the lighting, elucidation, and otherwise illumina- tion of the area ranging from the front (north) door, through the entry way, terminating at an area just inside the primary living area, demarcated by the beginning of the carpet, any spillover illumination being at the option of the party of the second part (Light Bulb) and not required by the aforementioned agreement be- tween the parties.
The aforementioned removal transaction shall include, but not be limited to, the following steps:
1.) The party of the first part (Lawyer) shall, with or without elevation at his option, by means of a chair, stepstool, ladder or any other means of elevation, grasp the party of the second part (Light Bulb) and rotate the party of the second part (Light Bulb) in a counter-clockwise direction, said direction being non- negotiable. Said grasping and rotation of the party of the second part (Light Bulb) shall be undertaken by the party of the first part (Lawyer) with every possible caution by the party of the first part (Lawyer) to maintain the structural integrity of the party of the second part (Light Bulb), notwithstanding the afore- mentioned failure of the party of the second part (Light Bulb) to perform the aforementioned customary and agreed upon duties. The foregoing notwithstanding, however, both parties stipulate that structural failure of the party of the second part (Light Bulb) may be incidental to the aforementioned failure to perform and in such case the party of the first part (Lawyer) shall be held blameless for such structural failure insofar as this agreement is concerned so long as the non-negotiable directional codicil (counter-clockwise) is observed by the party of the first part (Lawyer) throughout.
2.) Upon reaching a point where the party of the second part (Light Bulb) becomes separated from the party of the third part ("Receptacle"), the party of the first part (Lawyer) shall have the option of disposing of the party of the second part (Light Bulb) in a manner consistent with all applicable state, local and federal statutes.
3.) Once separation and disposal have been achieved, the party of the first part (Lawyer) shall have the option of beginning installation of the party of the fourth part("New Light Bulb"). This installation shall occur in a manner consistent with the reverse of the procedures described in step one of this self- same document, being careful to note that the rotation should occur in a clockwise direction, said direction also being non- negotiable.
NOTE: The above described steps may be performed, at the option of the party of the first part (Lawyer), by said party of the first part (Lawyer), by his heirs and assigns, or by any and all persons authorized by him to do so, the objective being to produce a level of illumination in the immediate vicinity of the aforementioned front (north) door consistent with maximization of ingress and revenue for the party of the fifth part, also known as "The Firm".

thanks
DVA
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1651 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
How many magicians does it take to changea lightbulb? Just the one -

David Blaine holds the light bulb still and the rest of the world revolves around him.

Also the all new:

“Light 204.... Bulb appears hanging on a necklace”

“Ring Light.... Bulb ends up on the key ring”

Dave
The Ozzy Osbourne of the 34x27
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
And one to say, "there's a cheap way to do this, that we used to do years ago!"
Howie Diddits
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Simple....only 1 and that's the one who doesn't have to change it, but can can just point a finger at it and it again will shine as brightly as the sun. Many wish we were that one. Did anyone shed a tear during that thought? :0)
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2770 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2004-10-22 09:11, Matt Andrews wrote:
And 7 to denounce that changing a light bulb this way was :

a) exposing a secret
b) must be credited to Tom the Amazing Edison, who was the first who changed a light bulb anyway.

Matt

And 1 to bemoan the exploitation of poor innocent light bulbs for our entertainment purposes!

Posted: Oct 25, 2004 6:20am
----------------------------------------
Quote:
On 2004-10-22 14:55, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
2 to announce they saw Mickey Silver do something with a light bulb.

LOTS to chime and and state they eagerly await the SUB (Silver Ultimate Bulb) DVD when it is released.

Wouldn't that have been Marvyn Roy?
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How many Magic Café Forum members does it take to change a lightbulb? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL