The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Blink" by Mark Mason (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
whizzomagic
View Profile
Regular user
Louisville, Ky
109 Posts

Profile of whizzomagic
This is absolute crap!!! I have mastered the snap change but decided to buy this regardless. It looks terrible and is VERY obvious that there is a crease in the card. I feel like I was ripped off and hated the product. Totally unbelieveable and would only be recommended for the layman who want's to impress his friends, and even that would be hard to do with this.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I do this as a throw away distraction and reason to put down a deck and usually do it from between 4-10 feet from spectators, and it works fine all of the time.

I bought mine used, and feel like I got my money's worth because it is a no thinking, no strain quick visual effect. I certainly wouldnt do it close up as the gimmck can be seen at short distances if you don't keep the card moving.

But I have to say that it isn't the worst trick I ever bought, (unfortunately) but if you are looking for a killer mainstay effect, learn some skils and impress with them, becuase this gimmick isn't a killer. It can be a nice throw away if properly managed between other effects, but that is all.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Within a week after playing with mine it found it's way to the cylindrical fi of magic (aka the trash can!).
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
lewis
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of lewis
One of my favourites...never fails to amaze
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
I'm also familiar with this one. It went into the sale items.
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
It should be called "Please Blink" Or "Close Your Eyes Completely"! Saw it demonstrated at the local magic shop (thank goodness.) Another piece of magic garbage.
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
If you want to see a real good gaffed transposition of one card to another - well, gaffed and mechanical - take a look at ROB BROMLEY'S "Flash Changing Card".

He uses another way/mechanics to achieve that effect.

I myseelf being a custom card maker love THIS gaffed card. I know what it takes to make it and THIS one WILL fool you!

The only URL I can provide is this one: http://www.cards4magic.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh0......20#a2620

You'll like it.

BTW: I agree on all negative comments on Mark Mason products. Beware.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
McScratchy
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
114 Posts

Profile of McScratchy
Hey CardMaker,
The link you posted is a bit confusing. It says "Flash Changing Card" but the description is for a shrinking card case. What style of a gaffed card are you refering to? Is it still a flipper-acrobatic type?

-McScratchy
whizzomagic
View Profile
Regular user
Louisville, Ky
109 Posts

Profile of whizzomagic
Quote:
On 2004-10-23 15:46, BroDavid wrote:
I do this as a throw away distraction and reason to put down a deck and usually do it from between 4-10 feet from spectators, and it works fine all of the time.

I bought mine used, and feel like I got my money's worth because it is a no thinking, no strain quick visual effect. I certainly wouldnt do it close up as the gimmck can be seen at short distances if you don't keep the card moving.

But I have to say that it isn't the worst trick I ever bought, (unfortunately) but if you are looking for a killer mainstay effect, learn some skils and impress with them, becuase this gimmick isn't a killer. It can be a nice throw away if properly managed between other effects, but that is all.

BroDavid

Are you trying to insinuate that I have no skill??? I find that utterly offensive and absolutely rude. You do not know me as I do not you, but I feel that I am on top of my game when it comes to card magic and sleight of hand. As I mentioned in the opening post, I can perform a snap change very effectively but thought I would give this a try anyway. I had money to burn and would have been better suited had I burned it. At least I could watch something slightly amusing.
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
@McScratchy

yes, it's an acrobatic card - but without the stuff our dentists use Smile
So it is thinner and therfore no visible gap.
It's a bit hard to find .... my link posted does not show the mentioned card, not that effect at all.

Rob Bromley products are available thru many dealers, but I must admit that I don't know if the flash changing card is still available at all.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Quote:
On 2004-10-25 01:29, whizzomagic wrote:

Are you trying to insinuate that I have no skill??? I find that utterly offensive and absolutely rude. You do not know me as I do not you, but I feel that I am on top of my game when it comes to card magic and sleight of hand. As I mentioned in the opening post, I can perform a snap change very effectively but thought I would give this a try anyway. I had money to burn and would have been better suited had I burned it. At least I could watch something slightly amusing.

Lighten up friend. Please. I did not mean to offend you. And if I did, I truly apologize. I was saying that if this is the worst trick you have ever bought (As I recall you saying) then "use your skills" (I said "learn some skills" because as you said, I don't know you and you are pretty new around here)

But for me, it is about performing, and there are very few effects that I can't put to some good use with an audience. You said it was awful. I said it could be useful.

Neither of thinks it is a killer effect. So let's just leave it at that.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Its too slow on the change
hardly in a "blink"
save your money and learn a sleight that will di the same thing...better and quicker
Marco S.
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of Marco S.
Whizzomagic is right. This gimmick is really bad and not worth a cent.
chicane
View Profile
Elite user
New Zealand
465 Posts

Profile of chicane
Try a different handling.
Show card as per instructions, then slam it face down on the table. Flip card over with one finger and change has taken place. At this point it is obviously one card, but
works best in low lighting such as some resturants.
FORCE 4 - a TOOL FOR MENTALISTS - OUT NOW

http://www.nzmagic.com/magicshop2015.html
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
Quote:
On 2004-11-01 14:00, chicane wrote:... but
works best in low lighting such as some resturants.

Far better is a presentation in a dark room.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
bobby
View Profile
New user
Camarillo, CA
72 Posts

Profile of bobby
I find the trick works well with good timing...

I'm still working on the timing though... I got it on sale so I wasn't too disapointed...

I have wondered if I could improve the gimmick myself though...
erictan8888
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
517 Posts

Profile of erictan8888
I have it and I didn't like it.....
"Fill you life with magic by making magic a part of your life." by eric tan.
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
I got one and DESTROYED IT!
Nice how all the adds show no crease, huh?
probably better on the back of a card for a color change I guess
exohordon
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of exohordon
I think its a total waste of money.
Such a high price for a obvious gimmick that can be seen even very far away.
Demo looks good though.
SteeleFusion
View Profile
Regular user
Glasgow, Scotland
106 Posts

Profile of SteeleFusion
I too do not like the gimmick. It looked a lot more impressive on the demo video (but then again, don't they always Smile)

I sold mine on eBay for £5.00

Craig
Craig Steele : MindFusion

www.Craig-Steele.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "Blink" by Mark Mason (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL