The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » new to coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eddy
View Profile
Special user
Manchester
582 Posts

Profile of Eddy
As a newbie to coins, cards is my forte. I was just wondering what would be the best starting pint for me to learn the essential sleights etc. I have KJ Bobos coin magic, but find it a little too thorough for a beginner.
La magie, c'est ma vie
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Eddy,
Bobo gives you the essential sleights, the things that you will require to build whole routines on.
However, if you find it too "thorough", as you put it, you might try either Mark Wilson's Complete Course on Magic, or Harry Lorayne's The Magic Book.
Both start from Point Zero, in assuming that the reader has no knowledge of magic or sleights.
They are both excellent jumping-off points for "newbies".
Even after 50 years, I still refer to them!
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
mike4dice
View Profile
New user
Randolph, NJ
84 Posts

Profile of mike4dice
I do very little with coins, but I do "coins through table" from Lorayne's The Magic Book. Excellent routine and certainly a good starting point as Peter points out.

Actually, if we all performed the items in The Magic Book and performed them well, we'd be in fairly good shape as a magician!

mike Smile
"Talents are best nurtured in solitude; but character is best formed in the stormy billows of the world." - Goethe
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Mike:

An amazing coincidence: in 1993 - 1994 I lived in NW New Jersey (Allamuchy) and stumbled across "The Magic Book" in the local (?) library. I checked it out as many times as they would let me; it's an incredibly good book.

Eddy:

I'm with Peter and Mike on this; get a copy of The Magic Book. It'll be money extremely well-invested. Then learn the material. It'll be time extremely well-invested.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Here you go, I provide my answer in this post... http://www.themagiccafe.com/archive1/vie......=3&0
Click to visit:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » new to coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL