The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Lecture Notes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
There is plenty on this board about highly circulated hard cover books, and rightfully so. These books contain some fantastic effects. However, lecture notes often have hidden gems in them. I love Pit Hartling's Little Green Lecture. So I was wondering, what photocopied, stapled together, possible folded into quarters lecture notes have you guys enjoyed.

Thanks
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
Hi Trevor,

I like these lecture notes:
-Steven Youell lecture notes (more a booklet).
-Paul Green
-Paul Gertner
-Lee Asher
-Richard Sanders
-David Acer
-Jay Sankey
-Scotty York
-Michael Ammar
-Michel Huot
-Peter Marucci
-Pete Biro (with hair!) ;-)
-Daryl
-David Williamson
-Simon Lovell
-Dan Garrett
-Michael Close
-Darwin Ortiz
-Jamy Ian Swiss
-Bill Malone
-Michael Vincent
-Aldo Colombini
-Allan Ackerman
-Steve Bedwell
-Tim Ellis
-David Ben
-David Guinn
-Doc Eason
-Phil Golstein (Max Maven)
-Pit Hartling
-Etc...

They all have something good in them!
(but a lot of material can also be found in their books)

Now, I am looking for these:

-Eric DeCamps
-Eddie Tullock (book and/or lecture notes
-Jamy Ian Swiss' Another Interesting Application of That Principle

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1130 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
I really liked Shaun Robinson's lecture notes. He's a member here I think. Also, Chad Long's material was very good.

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2324 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I enjoy Rick Anderson's lecture notes. They are quite humorous. His routines play well and he has some great ideas.

Magician Corey Burke has a few notes out. They deal with cards and coins. His coin notes are called "Sense" and the card notes are "Kardmasutra." Very clever routines in both.

Magician Dennis Friebe has some lecture notes that will contain some nice visuals.
Boat
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Boat
Jay Sankey's are excellent. Sometimes offered free
David Acer's are very good.
Steve Shrott's are excellent
Also an old one of Pete Biros.
Chad long's very good.

So many more excellent ones.

Al
Mike M
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Mike M
John Lovick, Chad Long, and Wayne Dobson
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
734 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
You can't go wrong with Lee Asher's notes.They are very good.
barkmagicman
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of barkmagicman
Analagram(sp?) is my favorite, can't beat Gertner.
I tell you what I don't like, Paul Wilson's latest stuff, that's enough to make you gag.
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
Steve Mayhew's Lecture Notes - Great stuff, and the writing is hilarious, there is even a story he submitted for Magic Magazine's fiction contest. The effects are:
A Balloon, a Cartwheel, and a Pony Ride - An excellent and entertaining 3 card multiple location effect. This is my favorite, and I and others I know use this one.
Dolores in a Meadow - a climaz to an ambitious card routine, or as Steve puts it 'Vernon kicks the crap out of Houdini'
Freedom - A good (pseudo)middle deal demo
Burn Out Your Blind Eyes Baby - A no look production of four indifferent cards (OK, so then they change to aces). Fun to perform, with a surprising kicker
What You Think of Me Now Opener - Something to fool magicians
Cut Myself on Angel's Hair and Baby's Breath - Worth the price of admission, if you are a worker
I don't know if these are still available, but Steve lives in the Seattle area, and is still active on the magic scene. He is also a VERY funny guy.
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1130 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
I also was very impressed with Steven Youell's lecture notes. There's some very good material in the 60+ pages. Plus it's free with a subscription to Cogitations.net

I must mention that I am in no way associated with Cogitations other than being a member. I just have been so impressed with the material on the site. It's only $20 to subscribe. Steven's lecture notes sold for $30. Just do a search for Cogitations on the Café and you'll see that I'm not the only one who thinks highly of this online journal. It's already been worth the money for me and I've only been a member for a week.

Paul Cummins' Punken Droker routine can also be found no the site. Make sure and check it out.

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7007 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I recently got my hands on Sankey 2002 and 2003 lecture notes. A few fantastic items in each one.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Lecture Notes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL