The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Bar magic. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eddy
View Profile
Special user
Manchester
582 Posts

Profile of Eddy
I used to work in a oub years ago before I got into magic. The only thing I knew was the french drop. People loved it when Id play with theire change. Now cards are my thing and I have a good collection of tricks. The thing is, should I be just showing people tricks in an informal situation, I meant to say, going up to them in pubs and showing them, or should I be more tactful?
La magie, c'est ma vie
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1031 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
When I first got into magic, we used to do tricks for people in the bar all of the time. We were also regulars in the bar.

We had fun and we rareely had to pay for a drink.

If the bar you are visiting doesn't have a problem with it, give it a shot. (As long as you are not competing with regularly scheduled entertainment.)
ME
TOBIAS
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle Magic
221 Posts

Profile of TOBIAS
G. T. M.
Get That Money
If they like the magic at the bar and you do what you do well. Don't do it for free. You have to buy book,videos,gimmics,cards,coins. Hell make it worth your while. I mean don't go in there and demand a million, you'd be crazy. But let the bar personel know what it is you are going to do and if they would come to some kind of terms with you.
My thinking is if people start asking for you and you are out of town, the owner would be stupid not to go out and find a magician.
So let it be you.
Don't stop having fun just stop doing it for free...
Smile
Be true to your art, and it will be true to you
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Bar magic. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL