The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Al’s Magic Shop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mattneufeld
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of mattneufeld
I am sorry to report that Al’s Magic Shop could be closing in it's current form sometime in the next few months - after 60 or 70 years as a legendary, much-loved magic shop in Washington, D.C. It is not closing, apparently, for financial reasons, but rather because Al needs to devote more time to care for his ailing wife and his son wants to pursue other ventures. The shop is up for sale. You’d have to contact Al at Al’s Magic Shop. Hopefully, someone can buy the shop and maintain it's traditions and it's legacy.
martinkaplan
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
562 Posts

Profile of martinkaplan
National Public Radio aired an interview with Al on Friday morning, December 21, 2001. If you go to their web site
http://www.npr.org
you can hear the interview and see a couple of video clips of Al doing a couple of demos!
JaymesR
View Profile
New user
Minnesota
53 Posts

Profile of JaymesR
I heard it just yesterday morn. that’s too bad as I had hopes to visit when I go to DC next year. Smile
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1030 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
That was my Saturday hang out from 1991 until about 1995. I used to go there during the week when I worked in Washington DC. There is no other magic demonstrator like Al. I have bought 2 coin effects from him despite the fact that I only do card magic. I couldn't help it.

Al's Magic Shop will definitely be missed and I wish him all of the best. I will be there on Saturday for one of the final times.

Smile Smile Smile
ME
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
We will miss you Al
Smile Smile Smile Smile

Sable
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Al’s Magic Shop (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL