The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Need help on the ending (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

20Robert04
View Profile
Regular user
Midland, MI
152 Posts

Profile of 20Robert04
Hey guys
I was thinking of this routine tonight, while waiting for a concert. I like how it starts, but need some help on the finishing.
I ask for a volunteer with a $5 bill, they come up. I have them sign it to make sure it is the only one. I fold it up, and putting in an ash tray I set it on fire. After it burns, I act like I forgot the rest of the trick, and to make ends meet because I just torched this persons 5, I give him an IOU. I then have him sit back down, while I think of how the trick finishs. I call him back up at the end of the show, telling him I remember what I did wrong. I wasnt supposed to burn his bill.
This is were I need some help in two aspects, first off is I do not know if it would be better to take his IOU fold it up and sprinkle some of the ashes to make it the 5 again. Or, should I fold it up and just unfold it to show the 5.
Also, I cant think of how to word the ending. This is more of a comedy type thing. I use lines like "you are a very trusting man/women to be trusting a magician with your money." Also I pull the IOU out of a book called "What to do When you Scew up".
Any help any were would be greatly appreciated.

Paul
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26975 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
A return to the scene of the crime or a second chance?
Where you get them back up, fold up and burn the IOU?
Easy enough to make that go away in a flash, and return the original folded bill Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
gocall911
View Profile
Loyal user
Salem, VA
246 Posts

Profile of gocall911
What if you have them check the IOU and it turns out it has changed to the five. A bit harder to pull off but talk about a great effect.
"Use your head." ~Dai Vernon~
20Robert04
View Profile
Regular user
Midland, MI
152 Posts

Profile of 20Robert04
Jonathan, I like your idea. The only problem is that I cant hold somthing and burn it at the same time. I freak out, and somthing bad could happen.

gocall911- is there already a way to do that? If so what is it called?
thank you both for your responses

Paul
paulajayne
View Profile
Inner circle
London England
1160 Posts

Profile of paulajayne
Hi

On the restore burn the IOU on the end of a card stab sword - Guess what happens next.

Paula
Paula Jay - Magic to Remember -
---------------------------------
I once wrote a book on elephants, I think paper would have been better.
----
music
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of music
Check John Cornelius 5 minuets with a borrowed bill!
gocall911
View Profile
Loyal user
Salem, VA
246 Posts

Profile of gocall911
I'm sure there is a way out there to do what I talked about, not sure where though. I am working on a few ideas of my own too. I will be sure to let you know if I come up with anything worth while.
"Use your head." ~Dai Vernon~
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24221 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2004-10-25 20:05, music wrote:
Check John Cornelius 5 minuets with a borrowed bill!

I know John does not do the minuet.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
jonnycardel
View Profile
New user
England (lakes)
50 Posts

Profile of jonnycardel
You could start with a 10$ bill and end with a $5 bill and agree that things are not half as bad as they could be, before you return there original signed note using a diferent method. Smile
Magician walks down the road and turned into a bar, da daaa
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Need help on the ending (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL