The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » The Best 'Thick' Rope? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MichaelB
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of MichaelB
Not meaning to be repetitive here, I know there are other threads regarding the best rope to use for rope magic but I'm referring to specifically thick, stage rope.

I've purchased rope before which I think was being packaged/sold as "Elite Rope". It was ~25-30 bucks for 30 feet I believe. It is a cotton rope and it is a good 3/4 of an inch. The only problem is in my experience it has a short lifespan. Whereas with thinner cotton ropes I've always just thrown them in the washer when they got dirty and reused them this rope gets significantly stiffer after a wash/dry making it much less friendly for knot work and other flourishy stuff.

Anyone sell or have a source for thick rope which you might suggest? thanks
isaacfawlkes
View Profile
Loyal user
PA
244 Posts

Profile of isaacfawlkes
I found some at Haines house of cards. I'm sure they have a website. Also Try Denny and Lee in Maryland
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Michael:

Fun Inc. makes a very nice rope which is very similar to the "Elite Rope" you bought. It is more pliable, and washes better. It's brilliant white, but best of all, it's much cheaper.

Denny and Lee sell 200 foot spools for about $50.00. You can buy 30 foot hanks at other places for about $10.00 (I'm not sure where, though).

You might contact Fun Inc. http://www.funinc.com and ask them what dealers are carrying their white rope.

Ron
MichaelB
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of MichaelB
I need to correct myself and clarify...

Per a post by someone on a different thread, I am reminded that the rope I have used was not sold as "Elite", it was sold as "Euro" rope. It came in 3/8 or 5/8 an inch. And it is nice looking rope. I don't mean to be critical of its quality. I just wasn't happy with it after washing it. Also, I should add that I was very happy with the 3/8 inch version even after washing - great for closeup.

I have read about the Camirand Academy Elite rope and I think I will likely try that however, it is marketed as being 10mm which would be less than half an inch. I'm thinking there has to be something out there a little thicker?

Thanks isaacfawlkes, I'll contact them and inquire.

Ron thanks a lot... I'll try them as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » The Best 'Thick' Rope? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL