The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Gadabout Coins Idea from Bobo's ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MAGICTOM
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, Tx
354 Posts

Profile of MAGICTOM
Hello all,
I came up with a thought a few minutes ago and thought I would share,
I have heard a lot of inquiries about how
to end Gadabout coins without the coins talking too much when inserting them into
your pocket.. Here is a simple solution..

Perform the trick with 4 coins visible to the spectator instead of 3...
and for the final vanishing of all the coins..
Simply tell the spec to watch what happens when I place 2 coins into the pocket..
the coins vanish and you dont have to worry about the talking coins..
Think that would work??
Tom Smile
No Man is his craft's master the first day!
J.B. Bobo
gimmick1586
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of gimmick1586
Good idea but it seems that holding four coins in one hand is a bit much.
MAGICTOM
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, Tx
354 Posts

Profile of MAGICTOM
I played around with it a bit and it works great... You do have to hold 4 coins in your left hand.. for the first couple of phases, but I cant see it being too much, you dont have to palm or conceal them or anything. and the last phase, the way I do it, you have 2 in classic palm and 2 at the fingertips..instead of 2 coins in classic palm and one at the fingertips in the original way.
Is this where you are refering to it being a bit much???

I like it for me, it has solved the problem of the coins talking, Most of the spectators you perform for will not even notice, but it makes me feel better about it anyway..
C-ya
Tom Smile
No Man is his craft's master the first day!
J.B. Bobo
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
The coins won't talk if handled with care.
Just practice and it will come.
Also, realize that there is usually noise around when you are doing magic and you are talking as you unload the coins. There should never be silence when you unload.
Also, consider using the small outside pocket of a vest.
Smile
Daniel Faith
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1676 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
It also helps to use old "soft" silver coins. These worn coins don't make nearly as much noise as newer coins with sharply etched surfaces and freshly milled edges.

Old silver coins are pretty, too.

Jerry
Matt Graves
View Profile
Special user
Huntsville, Alabama (USA)
504 Posts

Profile of Matt Graves
One other thing I've thought about before, if you keep both pockets full of change, then it'll jingle every time you put your hand in your pocket. So at the end, nobody will notice anything out of the ordinary. It sounds a little cheap, but it's always worked for me. People's faces usually look something like this: Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Gadabout Coins Idea from Bobo's ... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL