The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Are all dye tubes the same? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JeffHall
View Profile
Regular user
Davis, California
161 Posts

Profile of JeffHall
I am interested in buying a silk dye tube. I see them for sale from $7.00 to $25.00 and is there that much difference? I want to do a nice silk change routine.
thanks, Jeff
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
They are all different. It depends upon the size of silk that you want to use.

You can make a dye tube out a piece of small plastic pipe even.

I know this sound vague but without knowing what size or exact routine you are planning on doing, it is hard to recommend a dye tube.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
oagwood
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Hill, CA
392 Posts

Profile of oagwood
It all depends on your needs. I have several different sizes depending on the occassion and the type of production. I like the Johnson tubes but I think there are others on the market, and don't rule out making your own, I think they are described in Tarbell and Greater Magic.

oliver
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Have you checked out the Rice Books for varieties so that you know one from the other?

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
They are different from one another.
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
The best thing to do would be to hold them in your hand and try them out. You want one that fits your hand and allows your hand to look natural. It's hard when you're ordering online, but a visit to a good magic shop might help. I've found that there are several different kinds of them, some I would never use!
If you know the principle behind the dye tube, it's very, very easy to build your own. Do a search on the Café, maybe there's already a post on making your own dye tube. Good luck!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Are all dye tubes the same? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL