The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Supreme Magic - Devon - England (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
george kaye
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of george kaye
Hi /Andrea,
I don't know if I can describe this in words but I will try.
Billy Blockhead.
Hold the block so the hole goes front to back and thread the rope. Take the front rope, bring it back behind the block, loop it over the block holding thumb, switch ends and bring out the other end of rope. Put that piece of rope through the hole so that it traps the thumb held loop and pulls it into the block.
You are now ready to remove the block from the rope.
If that makes any sense to you, you're a better man (sorry, woman!) than I am Gunga Din!
George.
ericsharp
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of ericsharp
No way will you get anythng from Magic Supreme he is too busy with his other prosperous business. As explained it is packed s ightly in his old waehouse it cannot be sorted out until he moves it into his new larger waehouse. Even if I was given permission to sort it out I could not. Impossible.. He is not in the Old Mill any more, he is hoping to sell the magic. We will keep you informed. But it will not for a couple of months though.Eric and Muriel
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Hi Andrea,
Sorry, I only just noticed your request.
Mr Kaye's method seems a lot less fussy and snappier magic than using grandmother's necklace principle.
On the other hand if you do use the GN way of doing it yu could tie yourself to Billy and both escape. You could have 2 kids playing evil villains who tie you and BIlly up. Lot's of room for dressing up and other B.O.B. So if you want me to outline that method drop me a pm and I'll see if I can help.
George
The Bonnie Kids
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden (Västerås)
267 Posts

Profile of The Bonnie Kids
Hi Andrew (DrewWiester)!

THANK YOU FOR THE INSTRUCTIONS!

I have no words on how to express my gratitude. Not only because English is not my native language; I think I could't find any word even in Italian!
It might seem stupid, but you brought me immediately 15 years back, when the Bonnie Kids ordered some props to Supreme in England (no fax, no e-mail, no VISA at that time!) and waited day after day, sometimes for weeks, until they arrived!
I recognized immediately the instructions, they are still the original ones, same fonts, same style.
Good times, when still there were people doing something NOT only for money. Today it is just for money, sigh!
And you didn't want a 'thing' for that! It was great from you. Consider that you have a friend in Europe (sometimes in Sweden, sometimes in Italy..).
I hope to meet you one day, just tell me if you plan a trip to Sweden.
Grazie
Andrea (The Bonnie Kids)
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Eric and Muriel, are we talking about the old stock from the people Edwin sold Supreme Magic at 64 High Street to here? Or are we talking the stock that Edwin and his son had subsequently when they started trading again prior to Edwin's death?

Either way I know there will be some quite high quality stuff there just waiting to be released into the magical fraternity. I can only assume that people like Derek Lever etc. have made advances to purchase (pardon me Derek if this is not the case).

Tony.
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Quote:
On 2004-11-10 09:21, magicgeorge wrote:
I think Billy Blockhead works the same as the classic "grandmother's necklace" trick.

I have Billy Blockhead, and you're not too far off from the working.
The penetration is done with one piece of rope. Its the same effect as "block off rope" where you thread the rope through the block and do the necessary thing to make it work.
That trick is still sold by Abbotts.
Richard Lyn
ericsharp
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of ericsharp
Cheshire Cat. We are talking about the Supeme Magic Co old stock which closed when Peter Laymond collapsed at his desk and was unable to continue. Paul Anthony took over and transported 18 Pickford removel van loads to Cardiff where they still are as explained previously.Athough he has advertised a few items in Abra' this week don't read too much into this. As for the second Magic Company that Edwin Hoope formed Ian Adair could answer that one.Eric and Muriel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Supreme Magic - Devon - England (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL